New ferro rod strikers

I got mine yesterday and it is everything I expected. I hope to try it out some this weekend. What is the best carry method for the sharpened ones? (mine came very sharp)
Thanks again Scott!

The best carry method.....very carefully. :D Seriously, I really never thought about the sharpened ones for carry. Most I've made in the past were just as stikers. Duct tape and cardboard. :D
Scott

I've been carrying mine daily in a small leather pouch from Duluth Trading Company, but those sheaths are a vast improvement. Although it's not it's intended purpose, I've been EDC'ing this little blade since I got it. Very nice Scott!

Last edited:
I got mine yesterday and it is everything I expected. I hope to try it out some this weekend. What is the best carry method for the sharpened ones? (mine came very sharp)
Thanks again Scott!

I know of a great carry method for this awesome striker:thumbup:
From a terrfic sheath maker:thumbup: Ilbruche

IMG_5848.jpg

Scott, got my strikers yesterday, wow are they sharp. I regret not getting one dull, Im afraid to strike with it. ilbruche, whats a guy gotta do to get one of those excellent sheaths.

Scott,

I'm really pumped to see how that idea I posed to you works out. I think it has potential as a really cool alternative to the cheap strikers (not yours!!) some manufacturers provide with their firesteels.

Looking at those leather sheaths has me wondering too. Any chance of offering a small knife in stainless based on the striker idea with a leather sheath as key chain knife? I figure the split ring could go through the hole in the butt of the striker as well as in a rivet in the leather pouch to keep it from slipping out. Does this make sense?

Do the sharpened strikers throw better sparks than the un-sharpned ones? Are most people using the sharpened ones as dedicated strikers or as back up small blades?

One more for the sharpened striker, please!

(Should I send an email for confirmation, Scott?)

Those sheaths are awesome! WANT ONE... NEED ONE! NOW damn it! :D

Seriously... who do I get one from?

One more for the sharpened striker, please!

(Should I send an email for confirmation, Scott?)

Grampa, I've got an old style striker available. Just need to clean it up and sharpen. Let me know if you want that one.
Thanks
Scott

Scott --

Thanks for the striker (a dull one). I'm lovin' it. :D

I got a fero rod from Ferrocerium and epoxy'd it into an old bit of deer antler. Then I added your striker with an old thong. Lo', the slickest fero rig I've ever used.

436499260_P5ReW-L.jpg

Thanks!

Back