New forum special! 5160 Glow Kiridashi For Sale

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I just finished up this heavy duty kiridashi with glow cord wrap. It is made of differentially hardened 5160 steel and the heat was done by me with my digitally controlled kiln. This kiridashi is chisel ground with a small bevel on the back of the main grind, it is easy to sharpen and versatile this way. I gave it a plum brown barrel finish and etched it for a heavy duty low maintenance and good looking finish. The glow cord wrap has been double soaked with West System epoxy for a durable and comfortable handle

It comes with a teklok compatible neck/pocket sheath and about 28" ball chain for neck use, I can send it out with paracord if preferred over the ball chain.

6" long - .250 thick - 5160 steel - heavy duty glow cord wrap - sole authorship - USA made

This is the first one I'm putting up for sale here so it is at a special price!

Sold, Thanks!

051bi.jpg

034sy.jpg

054rr.jpg

040vc.jpg

035pv.jpg

Last edited:
I like this red one.. yum.. I think your kiris with plum are a win. keep em coming :D

I like this red one.. yum.. I think your kiris with plum are a win. keep em coming :D
Thanks, the plum brown is one of my favorites. It is a protective gun finish like bluing but was used 150 years ago and is not in common use anymore. It protects the steel very well, I have a knife I treated with it outside and the browned part has very little rust but the rest of it is solid rust.

how supremely cool with the GITD! nice idea, Dan!

Thanks, I'm all about the glow material!

Back