New GSO 2.7 Thread

I went looking for the previous 2.7 thread and then decided that we need a fresh start. :)
I was surprised to see the seconds listed for sale on Tuesday and of course they didn't last very long.
I guess once actual knife photos start showing up on Instagram Monday sales aren't far behind.

Sold out in 3 minutes. As far as I know, no 2.7 firsts are out in the wild yet, so potentially the seconds were the first offering. Should have some pics in the next few weeks as they start to arrive. I will post a shot of mine against the old 3.5 when it arrives to help people compare.

For Clip. Here's a couple of shots with the swamp warden which is very close to an izula ii. The top pic is pretty true to scale. The bottom pic makes it look like the warden is smaller because of the angle the picture is taken, but it's actually a little longer than the 2.7

That's nice!!! Glad I was able to snag a 2nd last go around. Red Micarta:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Will be good to put it to use this summer....3.5 on pre order too. What's your 2.7 gonna cut first?

It's definitely going to the woods this weekend. Hopefully there are some trout in its future. :)

Just makes me want one so bad. I am now banging my head for not ordering this when it was still available for the preorder. My only excuse is that I was still pretty new to knives when the preorder closes and have no idea what I wanted and needed. If only I had known then...

^^ what phandyho said! I told myself I didn't need one of these. What was I thinking!?!?!

Looks like a great little EDC fixed blade. Must. Get. One.

Adorable! CONGRATULATIONS on the FIRST 2.7 in the wild. So cool! Can't wait to see what you think when you get out with it.

As a first impression, how does the butt/pommel feel on the heel of your hand?

Adorable! CONGRATULATIONS on the FIRST 2.7 in the wild. So cool! Can't wait to see what you think when you get out with it.

As a first impression, how does the butt/pommel feel on the heel of your hand?

I'm still trying to reconcile this one in my mind, it is so much different than I expected. As you know, I've packed the 3.5 a bunch and love it. The 3.5 is so much slimmer that I didn't know what to think when I first unboxed the 2.7, but after having packed it a few hours and using it for what light stuff I can here at work, I believe I like it.

I'll be preaching to the choir here, but just to try to get my thoughts out, you know when you get into knives this small that the handle can be a big issue. When I grip the 2.7, I almost feel like I'm grabbing a bigger knife with more blade out there. The extra girth makes it really lock into your hand and it just feels solid, a little tank for sure. In full hammer grip you're golden. With my thumb on top of the blade where the jimping would be on the other models, the butt fits into the pocket of your palm so that grip feels fine too. Inverted as if skinning is perfect and the contour fits just right for my thumb :thumbup: All in all, it is very good. The one issue might be from the question you asked Silver. There might be some bite into the heel of the hand with that square butt. That is the only thing I can find so far, is that it might be nice for the top portion of the square butt to be rounded instead, but it will take some more use to make that decision.

Back