New GSO 2.7 Thread

I'm moving mid-December... hoping it comes before, or I can update to my new address after. Not knowing a shipping date is stressing me out, don't want to lose it in the mail.

What are your guys' thoughts on the edge retention? The 2.7 is the only CPM-20CV knife I have from Survive!, it's not necessarily limited to the 2.7 I suppose. The edge when I got it seemed to scare the hair straight off my arms. That didn't seem to last super long but once it got scratched up a bit it seemed to stabilize at a still shaving sharp edge for a good long time.

I can't speak for the edge on the 2.7 specifically because I don't have mine yet but I do have the 4.7 in 20CV and a 4.1 in M390. Both hold a working edge for a long time. Like many others, I'm hard on knives and use them all the time for any and all tasks in the outdoors. "Scary" sharp is reserved for my edc folders which I use daily.

The 20CV fits my needs well. For beating, chopping, and batonning, I use an ESEE Junglas. Their 1095 is super tough.

field dressed and de-boned/butchered a medium sized buck yesterday with a 20cv gso 3.5 and a similar sized Koster kit knife in 3v.
They both performed well with the 20cv having the slightly better edge retention over the 3v but required a little extra time on the ceramic rod to keep it sharp over the 3v.
Having done this in the past with regular non super steels, I would guess both of them to have a 2-3x's better edge retention over any 1095 or pre cpm stainless that I have owned.
Hard to go wrong with all the great steels out their today.

WooHOO!!!! Today it has been "a couple weeks" since I checked on my 2.7 and was told it would ship. I feel like a kid at Christmas time. I'm on a 12 hour shift today and can't get on BF at work but I can check my email. It's been a long "couple months" since I ordered it in July. I apologize in advance for being a smartass.

I can't wait to see that shipping notice email and have that big sigh of relief that my one and only outstanding order is finally shipping.

Oh wait, I do have an order for the new fasteners which hasn't shipped yet. Which is strange because I ordered a tshirt and some patches a few weeks back and they shipped within a day or so. The fasteners have not. Oh well, who cares. The fasteners are just an upgrade to my GSO 4.1 in M390 with melamine scales.

The 2.7 will ride on a piggyback with my 4.7 and be my primary hunting rig. The 4.1 will see camp duty along with my ESEE Junglas and Boker Field Butcher.

WooHOO!!!! Today it has been "a couple weeks" since I checked on my 2.7 and was told it would ship. I feel like a kid at Christmas time. I'm on a 12 hour shift today and can't get on BF at work but I can check my email. It's been a long "couple months" since I ordered it in July. I apologize in advance for being a smartass.

I can't wait to see that shipping notice email and have that big sigh of relief that my one and only outstanding order is finally shipping.

Oh wait, I do have an order for the new fasteners which hasn't shipped yet. Which is strange because I ordered a tshirt and some patches a few weeks back and they shipped within a day or so. The fasteners have not. Oh well, who cares. The fasteners are just an upgrade to my GSO 4.1 in M390 with melamine scales.

The 2.7 will ride on a piggyback with my 4.7 and be my primary hunting rig. The 4.1 will see camp duty along with my ESEE Junglas and Boker Field Butcher.

Any word on your shipping notice? Hoping mine won't be far behind

Please keep us posted
And hopefully you're closing went smoothly :thumbup:

The closing went well. Moving right now. Just taking a 5 minute break.

On the shipping notice. Nope.

Another lie.

I'll give it to the end of the week and see if there is any response.

The closing went well. Moving right now. Just taking a 5 minute break.

On the shipping notice. Nope.

Another lie.

I'll give it to the end of the week and see if there is any response.

Check this post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNIh3f7hgxw/

And maybe give them a call.

surviveknivesJust a quick update for everyone. In true Murphy's law fashion our buffer went down right before this long holiday weekend. We're working on getting it sorted out as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we will be working on fitting handles, blasting blades, sharpening orders, and all the other workshop tasks. There will be a ton of shipping labels as soon as the buffer is back in action. Apologies for the delay.

surviveknives@forte_defense I wish that we could take off for the holidays but the reality is that we'll be working. Just too much to do, I wouldn't feel right taking the time off.

That is good to take into account, chiral, but I'm guessing the months worth of preorders that need to be filled are holding up the presales more than the downed buffer.

Can't say there's a lack of work ethic in the shop, though!

Mora Eldris to hold everybody over. Maybe even Hale. LOL
f81d512bdf3d9a443ae5db71d6b5e9e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! I was thinking the exact same thing. Small blade and a full handle. This has more of the rounded end I picture for a blade this size, but thanks to Grogimus' passaround, I know the handle on the 2.7 definitely works for me and fits my hand.

Materials and price point really separate the Mora from the GSO.

What are some of the "niche" uses that people really would choose a small blade like 2" for? In a craftsman tool box or work belt there are always various tools specifically developed and used for certain uses.

I have not used a small knife other then Stanley retractable razors in the construction trade. A Mora black and then jump down to a SAK or Barlow.

I would like to hear about small fixed blade uses. 1.5" to maybe 2.75"

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

What are some of the "niche" uses that people really would choose a small blade like 2" for? In a craftsman tool box or work belt there are always various tools specifically developed and used for certain uses.

I have not used a small knife other then Stanley retractable razors in the construction trade. A Mora black and then jump down to a SAK or Barlow.

I would like to hear about small fixed blade uses. 1.5" to maybe 2.75"

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
a lot of box opening, cutting tape and straps. My 2.7 basically has replaced the utility knives at work , I even find myself prying with it , it seems to have a very broad range of use , not so much specific tasks .

Dammit rjedoaks!!! Now I gotta buy ANOTHER knife! Worse things could happen right? :D

I have two of the Eldris and love them. Useful for quick access when cutting ropes or as a backup knife.

.....and NO, I haven't received my shipping notice on my GSO 2.7 first that I ordered in July and was told it would ship in a couple months, and then told 3 weeks ago it would ship in a couple weeks.

.....and NO, I haven't received my shipping notice on my GSO 2.7 first that I ordered in July and was told it would ship in a couple months, and then told 3 weeks ago it would ship in a couple weeks.

Sorry to hear. As soon as you purchase the Mora the shipping notice will come.

Sorry to hear. As soon as you purchase the Mora the shipping notice will come.

Yep, I'm used to great customer service and getting things when they're promised. Not so with S!K.

I could order the Mora, or any other knife for that matter, and it would be here in a few days.

Back