New GSO 2.7 Thread

My inner child got the best of me. I broke down and made a deal for a 2.7 on the big auction site. My only option now is to wait and finally received my order and resell to recoup my costs.

I almost went for that one thinking I could do the same thing. According to the latest 2.7 update, my "pre-sale" 2.7 from July should be shipping in the next month or so. I decided to just wait.

The way it's looking these days, the GSO 12 ( which I want and NEED) will hit the secondary market just in time for my birthday in July of 2019.

What was offered was more to my liking than what I ordered. I made a deal outside of the big auction site for about 30% less than what he was asking.

With all the good news in the First Friday update I'll bump this thread. How many of us have good preorder news to share?

I'm hoping our presale brothers aren't too far behind.

With all the good news in the First Friday update I'll bump this thread. How many of us have good preorder news to share?

I'm hoping our presale brothers aren't too far behind.

Looks like I've got a preorder from August of '15 in transit :thumbup:

My Aug 2015 preorder is due to be dropped off today. I can't wait to start using it.

My 2.7 landed over the weekend. I'm way behind on sharing this!

UefQ7uM.jpg

50LduoG.jpg

JdZajQ1.jpg

Here's my initial thoughts from Grog's awesome passaround.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1425706-GSO-2-7-passaround-and-signup-thread/page5

I really am a fan of the microtexture g10!

My eyes really want to tell me the handle is uncomfortable, but I haven't found a bad grip position yet!

Last edited:
My 2.7 was a July preorder, I want to say one of the last preorders. If I have mine and presale folks are getting theirs, then ALL preorders must be in customer hands, right? I'm thinking most presales are going out now, right?

This is a good news day!

My eyes really want to tell me the handle is uncomfortable, but I haven't found a bad grip position yet!

My thoughts exactly. That one looks great, and the 20CV really takes any corrosion worry out of the equation, plus the steel makes sense in a blade this size. I think Guy's got a winner here in the small-blade department. Congrats bud.

My 2.7 was a July preorder, I want to say one of the last preorders. If I have mine and presale folks are getting theirs, then ALL preorders must be in customer hands, right? I'm thinking most presales are going out now, right?

This is a good news day!

GOD, I hope you're right!!!! I still don't have a shipping notice yet, in spite of being told 3 times on the phone since July when it would ship. The latest one was last week and of course it's Tuesday. I'm sure by now that MY 2.7 will be the absolute LAST one to get shipped out for reasons we are all aware of.

Silver, that is a thing of beauty right there. Nice pics. I think mine is black linen micarta. I hope it has some texture since it WILL end up with blood and various other animal fluids on it.

This is amazing!!!!! Congratulations, guys!

Halestorm! Get your sexy self over here and tell us your July presale is on its way or in your hands!!

I wish I could my friend. I have a need to do some work in the shop, if I ever get it put back together at the new house. First order of business will be new pants for my S!K's.

I'm living a daily existence right now wanting to be in the woods, the water, or the shop. Neither can happen until I get the old house ready to sell and on the market (end of this month). Then build the new shop and WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I'll be back where I belong.

GOD, I hope you're right!!!! I still don't have a shipping notice yet, in spite of being told 3 times on the phone since July when it would ship. The latest one was last week and of course it's Tuesday. I'm sure by now that MY 2.7 will be the absolute LAST one to get shipped out for reasons we are all aware of.

Silver, that is a thing of beauty right there. Nice pics. I think mine is black linen micarta. I hope it has some texture since it WILL end up with blood and various other animal fluids on it.

I wish I could my friend. I have a need to do some work in the shop, if I ever get it put back together at the new house. First order of business will be new pants for my S!K's.

I'm living a daily existence right now wanting to be in the woods, the water, or the shop. Neither can happen until I get the old house ready to sell and on the market (end of this month). Then build the new shop and WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I'll be back where I belong.

WTF?! I thought for sure you'd have yours by now! I'm confident there isn't any intentional blackballing going on, but depending on materials and options sometimes things don't go out in perfect numerical order. Keep us posted.

It sounds like a lot of work right now with everything you're juggling, but man that will be quite a pay off when everything is settled.

This is a good news day!

There are a few final preorders that needed finished up before we can start pumping those GSO-2.7 presale orders out.

Back