New GSO 2.7 Thread

Haven't got mine yet and I don't care anymore, the wait has sucked my desire for it dry!

Hello! Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I've been lurking around but haven't had a chance to sit down and really interact.

I hear you. Winter chores have been keeping us busy down here as well. Seems like half the town has collapsed around us (exaggerating, but not much!) The post man was able to navigate my 2.7 in, so that's a plus :) Anyway, hope things are good to the north, and good to see you sister.

Hello! Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I've been lurking around but haven't had a chance to sit down and really interact.

I am glad i am not the only one who breathes a sigh of relief when I see you have posted :)

Slightly off-topic, I've been meaning to ship out a bottle or two of Dragon's Milk to you, but my Costco suddenly stopped stocking them (along with all the other decent beer they used to have) so I am in a lurch until I find another vendor. :(

Please keep up the work you all do there, as you can probably tell that folk are itching :eek:

When again is your anniversary?

My 2.7 landed over the weekend. I'm way behind on sharing this!

UefQ7uM.jpg

50LduoG.jpg

JdZajQ1.jpg

Here's my initial thoughts from Grog's awesome passaround.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1425706-GSO-2-7-passaround-and-signup-thread/page5

I really am a fan of the microtexture g10!

My eyes really want to tell me the handle is uncomfortable, but I haven't found a bad grip position yet!

Excellent photos man! Looks great.

Quit slacking off, how dare you get busy and not respond to our every whim! :D Hope all is well up in your new corner of the world. If you get a chance to get some winter mountain shots you should definitely send them our way!

I want to agree but due to the length of time since receiving my last knife I seem to have forgotten what those shipping notifications smell like. I'm sure my senses will snap right back as soon as I get my 2.7 notification....

Just picked up the 2.7 at customs ... they really know how to get ones money :(

The knife itself is an adorable little warrior, way smaller than I thought but tough and beautiful made. Life is great !

Last edited:
Just picked up the 2.7 at customs ... they really know how to get ones money :(

The knife itself is an adorable little warrior, way smaller than I thought but tough and beautiful made. Life is great !

Congratulations! Little warrior, I like it :D

Sorry to hear about the customs, though.

Hey ni1s, you might want to throw a washer of some kind under the head of the screw through the slot to give it something more to hold onto than the very edges of the slot - it's gonna dent up that kydex, though you may not care...

bzFb0X6UIuCFik3IEDF-Et72hOTMY_9bk2uVUJ7x2u8SVV34lQlse9wz3bCttSintA0uUby_F1BKzg_6g8tU684wajVLbDsWOPjUu_hRJbGbdRDPfSOy4jNVDGrszi5be7Nx-JQMdAVl_NO576KibfdMcvozwxBQdLqmekSzgICSwU1WxULT_pLgsCbkn6eIrXqTWLr_0jyMbjnjXKQfpshNMuHUCIhqdCU6lXn6Vs70C9KJn_Sa7iNfjqBtnCynbC1nd7pjtOUJZcaqKgDHpisudynSelvHU3g9r4W1KQlcm3HocEXRFf54zBZGAra643jRzs7CnWfvC1E1MX1-zal_iL8WSS6utk0PdvRHu_pjNoJqrAg0-MNaLuziZ3hvlV69z6LgXuEBoHiBpwfa2mnb3hXFfikLKw3aoWzDPQvjz0KPI1umz8VWylrW4lChpDLkR385RjIQu0m6A0_ONUjwW7m1OUxHMB4ZTu93_7U1T_bf3qx0029ixbVnoDPr-xGDgvjGx5CjYErBRqxOArYjHRZnwLrTWmNXrBUvUx56n3_9A78-VG6kf109BKGyZoMnm82NtH8VoXNYcQo-RKRSItdS6Gi8XRHsTGrgZ3v0qtctYI-g=w1564-h1173-no

Hey ni1s, you might want to throw a washer of some kind under the head of the screw through the slot to give it something more to hold onto than the very edges of the slot - it's gonna dent up that kydex, though you may not care...

Thanks Chiral! I'll do that. I was just too eager to try it on so I wasn't patient enough to find a washer. :)

ni1s, lookin' good! I'm glad the customs moved as fast as it did. You have a great set of knives there.

What handle colors and materials do you have?

ni1s, lookin' good! I'm glad the customs moved as fast as it did. You have a great set of knives there.

What handle colors and materials do you have?

Thanks! I always get green canvas and FDE sheaths for my GSO knives, then a fun set of handles to alternate with. Right now I've got:

Black linen - 2.7 & necker 2
Yellow g10 and OD linen - 3.5
Neon Green g10 - 4.1

But my 5.1 only has green canvas

The new 3.5 i ordered with red linen.

For a while I had ordered jade for my 2.7 but changed it in the last minute.

Maybe I should get more knives and less handles? ;)

Thanks! I always get green canvas and FDE sheaths for my GSO knives, then a fun set of handles to alternate with. Right now I've got:

Black linen - 2.7 & necker 2
Yellow g10 and OD linen - 3.5
Neon Green g10 - 4.1

But my 5.1 only has green canvas

The new 3.5 i ordered with red linen.

For a while I had ordered jade for my 2.7 but changed it in the last minute.

Maybe I should get more knives and less handles? ;)

I like that idea of going with a uniform theme, but adding extra handles to change it up. I might start doing that!

I've also gone back and forth with a few models of wanting different handles and sheath and then I think, why not just pay the extra to get another blade along other the parts!

You have some rare handles for your old spec knives :thumbup:

Bump so that it is easier to find for reviews when a 2.7 arrives at its new home. ;)

I like how you plan ahead :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to seeing more thoughts and reviews in this thread.

Here's a comparison photo with the old 3.5, CPK EDC and 2.7. I love them all. Can't decide which to carry...

80b0902993dfa8e6b536c01c449f963d.jpg

Back