New Old Wheels for Bawanna

Bawanna

While Zandersdad was stealing my 29 1/2'' Sirupati I was on the road 5 hours round trip picking up a new ride.

It's exactly like my old ride only nobody ever used it much. Mint. It's like brand new and the best part, instead of 2500 or 3000 bucks and a nightmare fighting insurance etc, I brought it home for 340 bucks and half a tank of gas in the van.

Picture bawanna with huge smile on his handsome face!!!

Old chair gave up a couple weeks ago and so many things I can do with a motor chair I can't do in a manual.
More valuable than a car to me.

Some pics (not the best) of the new rod.

And the old rod. I'll be cleaning it up and trying to get it going again. They don't make chairs like this anymore.
LIke everything else we live in an age of junk (except HI of course).

Maybe I'll go for a spin around the block with one of them fancy Bookie/Ndog beers in hand, a victory lap so to speak.

I'm sooooooo happy. Except for losing the Sirupati that is. But that ship sailed.

Haha the old chair looks like you left it in a bad neighborhood for a few minutes. New chair looks pretty spiffy. Probably needs some pinstriping...

Also a great deal on the chair. Leaves plenty of money for khukuris, if you can get em that is ;) sorry, too soon?

Grats on the new Chariot Mr. B! Matches your tool box:thumbup:
Time to pimp your old one! Put some gas spring shocks, more diamond plate and an Evo Harley motor on it and youll be good to go. Maybe a Screaming Eagle kit! Yeah.. Definitely:thumbup:

Bookie would second a Screaming Eagle Kit....KIT?! What's a KIT? I know what the patch is because I was with them, but what's this KIT? Shavru--do you know what he's talking about?

hmmm once upon a time I heard tell that when Screaming Eagles forgot to open their parachutes** that the bodies sort of looked like the coyote from them young un's roadrunner cartoons after stepping off a cliff. Maybe they kept the tops that weren't too accordian-ey for replacement parts to rebuild damaged Screaming Eagles?? So sort of a rebuild Kit as it were?

** Note Some of them Screaming Eagles were not the brightest in the bunch it was HARD to teach them to count to 3 AND pull the rip cord. And they surely did NOT like airplanes. I mean they had a habit of leaving a perfectly good plane while it is still flying to the destination. Which just does NOT make sense to a normal person.

Sweet ride. I hear painting flames on it makes it go faster.

I can totally appreciate the need for a good chair. My late father in law depended on one during the last year of his life. He got pretty good at motoring it around. He was parallel parking it between pews at church a few days before he passed.

I've always admired the skill people have maneuvering those around. Then again, I'm not that talented in that regard. My old man banned me from driving the Bobcat almost 30 years ago because I took out a tree in our yard. I guess he had high expectations for an 8 year old.

Glad to see you back at it:)

I was never much good on a Bobcat myself. Legs weren't long enough. Wasn't never banned though.

I'll look into flames. I do have a need for speed.

I'm just so relieved to have this thing. Solves a lot of can't do issues.

Congratulations on the new ridge. It looks like its in really good shape.

I spent 6 weeks in a wheelchair a few years ago and have a greater appreciation for the difficulties associated with mobility.

A life changing event for sure. I'm approaching 22 years since the mishap.

First 15 never had a power chair. Still mostly in the manual, better inside. Power chair is the ticket for doing stuff though. Chopping wood, doing stuff in the garage, hard to carry anything and move in manual.

Down fall is extension cords or air hoses hitting the joystick and moving when you don't want to move. Push a lot of stuff around the shop before I got the thing stopped.

Glad to hear that you are back on the move again without breaking the bank - looks to be in great shape.

Very cool deal, Bawanna. It really does look new - probably even still has that new power chair smell? With that candy-apple red paint job, some nice orange and gold flames on the sides would really make it look sharp!

Kind of like a new pickup truck, I hate to get it dirty but I did some today. The seat is sure comfy at least for the few hours I was in it, much nicer than the old. The back kind of wraps around a bit more than the old too and feels good.

Moved some wood, ground kind of muddy but was careful not to mess it up too bad. I'm liking it a lot so far.

I'll work on them gold and orange flames. Neighbor I think paints cars, maybe he knows about flames. I'll have to ask him.

Yet another set of new wheels this morning. So much for my khukri fund for 2017 and maybe part of 2018.

All the new mowers have changed to where you need to use your feet. All the good ones anyhow. So I had to go zero turn.
I been looking for a month, finally found this one at Home Depot that met the criteria and cut about a grand off the price of the other one we were gonna get. It's super fast and super scary, takes a bit of getting used to for sure. I survived the first mow this afternoon with no physical damage to me or stuff so it's all good.

His and hers too, wife was too impatient to let me fix the carburetor on our old Toro push mower, heck of a good mower, so she bought the push one last week.

Maybe I could cut a few lawns to help make the goofy payments?

I went to a zero turn about 15 years ago and have never looked back. I am on my second Toro (first one still ran fine, but it was time to upgrade last year). It is great for straight up grass cutting although more limited in what you can do with attachments, etc. Since my lawn is flat I've never had any problems with instability. Once you get the hang of it, it is much more precise than a regular style tractor (going around trees, or bird bats, etc).

But you do generally have to use both hands to run it which can be of some concern if you have a beverage of your choice with you.

Back