New sight sucks

Second time I've logged in since Tapatalk quit working and now, MS Edge doesn't work?
Did the Blade Forum get too big and you need to trim some fat by limiting access?

Replying from MS edge right now..Normally don't use MS Edge, because frankly, I don't like it..but it does work with Bladeforums.
As far as limiting access, no
There is probably a better way of stating that you have a problem than to immediately assume the changes were to limit access.
Why you can't access the site using MS Edge, I have no idea.. Have you tried internet explorer?
If you can't find it and are running Win10, type Internet explorer into the search bar in the lower left corner.
Hope this helps.

Unfortunate that Edge is now the default MS browser. It sucks little green toads.

There are more browsers than Edge, personally I don't use it because it sucks. I never liked Tapatalk either, I thought it sucked. Google Chrome, FireFox, Opera, Iron, and even old IE8 are better. The OP doesn't make sense to me. Navin, You do realize this forum has been around almost 20 years right? I'm thinking you may have overlooked it. Bottom of every page:
"In operation since 1998, BladeForums.com has led the industry since Day 1."

There are more browsers than Edge, personally I don't use it because it sucks. I never liked Tapatalk either, I thought it sucked. Google Chrome, FireFox, Opera, Iron, and even old IE8 are better.

Yeah, personal opinions/requirements vary. I spend most of my time in airports and hotels so TT and Edge work best on my devices. Chrome and FF are good when I have access to them.

The OP doesn't make sense to me. Navin, You do realize this forum has been around almost 20 years right? I'm thinking you may have overlooked it. Bottom of every page:
"In operation since 1998, BladeForums.com has led the industry since Day 1
Where is the confusion about my question? What does the longevity of the sight have to do with browser preference? Do you know I'm over 20 years old?

I am a customer that helps bring more revenue to the forum and I'm getting discouraged by the browser issues. If BF won't support the browser I prefer I'll just visit less or choose a different forum, no worries!

Navin, I'm not sure what bearing your age has to do with this discussion, or why you felt compelled to bring it up.. My point and comment is based on what you wrote, and the title of your thread specifically. I'm not the only one that perceived a little bitterness or something else. Perhaps not the best choice for the title considering the amount of work and money that the owner has put into things. I'm not the only one that picked up on it either.

No, the changes were not made to limit your access or anyone else. As Spark mentioned several times before and after the transition, the problem was that old software was very outdated and no longer supported properly if at all, it was more than likely abandoned by the developers.

Your comment about being a customer that "brings revenue to the forum", means what exactly? Again, it seems out of place in this conversation. You are free to choose whatever forum you like, sorry this isn't your cup of tea. The owner is still ironing out problems and fine tuning things to improve the experience of unregistered lurkers, registered users, and supporting members alike. There are plenty of browsers supported and compatible with Windows 10, and the vast majority of users do not seem to have many if any technical issues with the forums in relation to the browser (that I've seen anyway). I've used Edge on the forums and I have not had many issues if any to speak of so, it might be the problem lies with the vast networks in the airports and hotels, hard to say. In any case, no need to get ruffled feathers.
Best of Luck.

Second time I've logged in since Tapatalk quit working and now, MS Edge doesn't work?
Did the Blade Forum get too big and you need to trim some fat by limiting access?

Navin R Johnson:

Instead of approaching this forum with such a rude, self-centered way of expressing yourself, and self entitlement issues.

How about you adapt; buy a different device, that's more compatible with this forum...

rather than your incessant whining, how about posting an apology, or a "thank you" to Spark?!

Do you know I'm over 20 years old?

^ For reals? :rolleyes:

If BF won't support the browser I prefer I'll just visit less or choose a different forum, no worries!

FWIW: My Toshiba laptop, works perfectly with this awesome new forum!

Navin R Johnson:

Instead of approaching this forum with such a rude, self-centered way of expressing yourself, and self entitlement issues.

How about you adapt; buy a different device, that's more compatible with this forum...

rather than your incessant whining, how about posting an apology, or a "thank you" to Spark?!

^ For reals? :rolleyes:

FWIW: My Toshiba laptop, works perfectly with this awesome new forum!

;)

this kids just a troll

if not whatever... its called website not web sight.

the problem you have is not the site but the device you are using.

I don't believe tapatalk is supported anymore.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe I read a note by Spark that tapatalk is gone due to many security issues, or something similar.

Back