News & Annoucements: 890-1701 Torrent- Early Qualification Knife

Benchmade

BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer
"A wild twist on a classic knife, this limited edition Torrent features bright colors and blacked out hardware for the EDC customer looking to break away from convention"- Hans Albing, Product Line Manager

***Only available through limited Benchmade dealers.

Looks good! Wish we'd see more knives like this from Benchmade. Knives with some style that aren't priced as though they're made entirely of rubies.

I think there'd be more interest if there was an honest review available. How about you send me one and I'll post one up? ;)

Nice knife, I too agree that a steel upgrade is necessary here.

It is also nice to see we have a Benchmade Moderator now.

looks good. always liked the nitrous assists.

Used to have the standard 890. Nice knife. A little big for a gentleman's EDC I thought. This would be great though for summer carry in a pair of jeans. Very sheeple friendly (for a not exactly small assisted knife) with the bright blue and purple. And the black blade, which is usually oh-so-threatening, won't even be noticed. I want one.

Beautiful knife......but come on with the 154CM.
Think if it was even D2 most of us wouldn't complain. How bout add $25 to the price and slap some XHP on that bad boy???
Joe

For $30 additional, I can have M4 and Carbon Fiber slabs (908-1501).

Nice looking piece, but I would take more than a passing glance if it had an upgraded alloy.
Good luck.

For $30 additional, I can have M4 and Carbon Fiber slabs (908-1501).

Nice looking piece, but I would take more than a passing glance if it had an upgraded alloy.
Good luck.

Hey Bill!!
Don't know if you have the 908-1501, but it is twice the knife this one is.
It just looks like an exclusive, excellent blade steel and gorgeous, really gorgeous CF scales. It really stands out......this one doesn't. Not with 154CM.
Swing and a miss.

That's what I was thinking...
I have one knife in hand that I will be listing soon (possibly the weekend, if it doesn't get traded by then), and one due in tomorrow that likely got bumped from my pocket already by a Northwoods Hawthorne Clip since they just released more of them.

Once I figure out exactly what is going on in my rotation, I can consider some others.

Back