News & Announcements: 940-1701 Going Gear Exclusive

Nice 940!

I don't see it on the Going Gear website yet but I assume the street price would be $238.00 (assuming the MSRP is $280 - small font).

For comparison, the KnifeWorks exclusive 940-1501 also with 20CV steel and G-10 but no C-Tek inlay is $199.95.

Gorgeous looking knife.

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I would love to see a 531 like this...

Whelp, looks like I need to go count my pennies :D When is this one supposed to start selling?

While I don't care for the look of this one, I do appreciate that we have so many 940 options these days. If they'd only do the original scales in different colors like they've done in the past.

Oh wow, I really like that one! I haven't had a 940 in ages, might have to acquire this one.

Love it, only thing that would make it better is if it was a 943.;)

AMEN!!! Think we'll be waiting a loooooooooong time!!!
But I'll probably NEED this one!
$230 doesn't sound too outlandish. When compared to the price of the Cabelas excl, this one isn't too painful at all.
Guess I can justify almost anything!!!
Joe

Nice 940!

I don't see it on the Going Gear website yet but I assume the street price would be $238.00 (assuming the MSRP is $280 - small font).

For comparison, the KnifeWorks exclusive 940-1501 also with 20CV steel and G-10 but no C-Tek inlay is $199.95.

Man, I'm so excited I can finally talk about this knife. It's been in the works for a while.

We're at NRA this weekend, but we're going to try to get it up on the site tomorrow. The first shipment was only a handful of units. We'll have a lot more soon.

Last edited:
Personally I think the 940 is a really unattractive design in general, and this doesn't change that, but the handle/inset/thumb stud combo is really nice. Would look great on... well, any other Benchmade.

Price is $240. It's 0.5oz lighter than the 940/1501. Think I'll grab a 1501 instead, personally prefer the look but need to sleep on it a few days lol

The contouring on this one is very nice though!!

Last edited:
hold on, g10, ctek and 20cv for the same price as a 940-1 which is carbon fiber and s90v... lol who does the pricing at benchmade in 2017?

Back