No more certificates of authenticity!

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
That's right boys and girls. Fletcher Knives LLC is doing away with the Certificates of Authenticity. When I first started this business, I had the idea that I would need the ability to tell my knives from any possible knockoffs that might pop up later. The certificates were a way to prove you had a genuine FK. I got special paper that is unique to FK and can't be duplicated (I know it doesn't look that special, but there's a lot going on in that paper), I designed the certificates so that I can tell if they're forged, and I spend $50 on printer ink every time I do another batch. You know how much good it does me for verifying knives for warranty work? NONE. I have had a grand total of 4 knives come back for warranty work or replacement since I started in 2009. Four knives total. Of those four, I had no trouble at all telling whether or not I made them. Also, if the customers are like me, which I discovered most are, they just lose or throw away that certificate. So the question became "why in the hell am I spending so much time and money on these certificates?" I weighed the pros and cons, and ultimately decided that the certificates simply aren't worth the time and cost at this point. In the future, it might become necessary to start using them again, but for right now, they simply aren't cost effective. As with every aspect of this business, I try my best to cut costs wherever possible to ultimately keep the price down for the customers. The certificates were just an area I felt there was nearly no return on investment, so THEY ARE NO MORE. Now, you may be asking, "well how are we supposed to know what number the knife is, or how far along in the production numbers is Dylan for a particular model?" The entire explanation for that will be in another thread, but the quick answer is IT DOESN'T MATTER. The one exception will be prototypes. If you get one of my prototypes, you'll get a certificate showing that is a prototype. Other than that, if you currently have a certificate, chuck it in the trash, get it framed, use it as a wallpaper patch, whatever you want to do, but you won't need it to prove anything.

Back