• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

Has anyone else been waiting on the FFTS folder run that was suppose to be completed almost 5 months ago? They where suppose to be done in 2-8 months. Which NK still seems to be quoting folks 2-8 months on knives even though they have knives over a year outstanding. 50% deposit was made a year ago and 100% paid in full months ago.

We are behind on the current folder run. It's been a brutal run. We had some serious issues with one of our vendors that set us back. We'll take care of you. Anyone that has waited longer than our top end wait time (8 months) will be compensated generously. If you need more information you can email me directly at Bump@nocturnalknives.com and I'll be more than happy to help you out. Thank you.

Any one receive a completed folder yet from this run of knives?

Bueller. ..... Bueller..... . . . .?

Last edited:
Not that I am aware, are you waiting for a folder order?
Yes I got on the list as soon as I could. Paid my deposit. Then balance like 5-6 months ago. [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

Hopefully the mods make contact with him since he has an account here and they can garner some info on what the situation is.
I think way more than enough time has passed to give them the benefit of the doubt. Even with the "vendor problems" they were having.

Anyone heard anything back on these orders? I have a BTF folder that was paid in full in January and still haven't received it.

I am at almost 8 months and still haven't received my knife starting to get a little pissed. Anyone else having this feeling.

Moderators don't get to read everything. I just looked in on this. It's always a good idea with a complaint thread to notify the subjeft of the thread, and cc a mod so we can keep up, too.

It can be frustrsting, waiting so long. There can be legitimate reasons for delay. COMMUNICATIONS is the KEY to keeping customers' confidence up.

Lets see where he is with this run.

I'm going to check with him now myself.

We're working hard to get the old folder orders wrapped up. We have gone through a lot in the past year and we appreciate everyone's patience. We understand waiting is not fun. That's why we're giving an additional folder of choice to all of our folder customers that have waited longer than eight months.

We give our time frames based on quotes we receive from our vendors and the current quantity of orders we have at any given time. We ran into some major issues with one of our vendors that set up back a huge chunk of time. It took us quite a bit of time and money to recover from that setback. It should take us about three months to complete any order placed with us, but we quote eight to accommodate any unforeseen issues that may arise. This time around the unforeseen issues exceeded that buffer significantly.

Again, I have given my direct email to respond to anyone that needs any info at all on their order status (bump@nocturnalknives.com). I have made sure to get back with every email that comes trough there as quickly as possible. There has only been a lag in communication the last three weeks or so coming out of my direct email. This is due to needing to take some personal family time because we unexpectedly adopted a newborn baby girl. That process has taken most of my time this month, but I am back at it as of now.

Please feel free to communicate with me directly and I'll get you taken care of. Just to give an idea of where we're at in the run; we had about 80 folder orders affected by the long wait. 37 of those have been filled and we're still working on the rest presently.

Thank you,

Gene

I just want to say I know how hard set backs like that can be for a Pop and Mom business. I'm very grateful for your generosity. PRAYERS GOING OUT TO YOU GUYS/Marie! May you guys have the strength to kick ass charge toward a positive future.

Back