• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

I have some lovely land for sale in South Florida as well if you are interested. It's natural, undeveloped and pristine.

Yep, that just happened.

Lol. I've given up on getting anything at this point. There are still people complaining about getting refunds so I basically chalked it up to a loss. If I get a knife cool. If not then everyone already knows what's up.

Lol. I've given up on getting anything at this point. There are still people complaining about getting refunds so I basically chalked it up to a loss. If I get a knife cool. If not then everyone already knows what's up.

That's how his pyramid scheme works. 1/10 gets something

I remember some post Jeff/Gene made about adopting a newborn and that was the reason for a delay in his work. Did that actually happen? I wouldn't put it past him to lie about something like that.

He posted 5 pics today on IG. 3 new folder designs. He's saying the refunds and other knives will be made in the next 2 weeks and he won't be taking deposits on new orders. All knives will ship out in 24 hours. I'm skeptical.

Last edited:
I think the Nocturnal Knives spokesperson is just a pathological liar.

Pathological lying
Pathological lying is a behavior of habitual or compulsive lying.[1][2] It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck.[2] Although it is a controversial topic,[2] pathological lying has been defined as "falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime".[1] The individual may be aware they are lying, or may believe they are telling the truth. Sometimes however, the individual may be lying to make their life seem more exciting when in reality they believe their life is unpleasant or boring.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying

I think the Nocturnal Knives spokesperson is just a pathological liar.

Pathological lying
Pathological lying is a behavior of habitual or compulsive lying.[1][2] It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck.[2] Although it is a controversial topic,[2] pathological lying has been defined as "falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime".[1] The individual may be aware they are lying, or may believe they are telling the truth. Sometimes however, the individual may be lying to make their life seem more exciting when in reality they believe their life is unpleasant or boring.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying

Sounds about right...

I really don't understand the Instagram "community." Despite his record of lies and fraud, there is still a strong positive response to "gene" / Jeffrey Carte of Karg Knives most recent posts. People are free to like and support whichever businesses they choose, but "gene" / Jeff's record is so terrible that I cannot understand how ANYONE can look favorably on his business...

Also, all of the awesome customers that have waited through our growing pains this past 1.5yrs will get one of their choice, free of charge.

From one of his last instagram posts. Way too good to be true.

One of those folders looks pretty nice, but that jackass is not seeing another cent from me.

Last edited:
I actually got an email from him. He denied that he was Karg Knives then claimed Mike Nguyen was wrong. Sheesh.

Well, good luck to his instagram supporters in denial, when theynfinally find out bad news the hard way.

He posted 5 pics today on IG. 3 new folder designs. He's saying the refunds and other knives will be made in the next 2 weeks and he won't be taking deposits on new orders. All knives will ship out in 24 hours. I'm skeptical.

and?

... crickets...

the folders are bait best of luck to anyone who chooses to do business with this numbskull...
My eyes buy a lot of knives, but my brain only pays for makers who have been full vetted as stand up guys.

Yea. The guy made so many promises and didn't keep any of them. Hell he even told me when he refunded me that I was getting my knife anyway just to show me that he was committed to winning me back as a customer and showing that he let his word. Of course it never happened and I don't want it but just further proof that he lies about every part of his business

Yea... Hell he even told me when he refunded me that I was getting my knife anyway ..
Clearly words coming from a liar don't mean much. He may as well promise everyone they can have his car, his shop, his house etc. with the free knife and speedy refund. I wonder if he types this nonsense with a smile on his face like "got ya!" or if he is kind of bored of it, like sad emails in his house coat or something.

Remember, "gene" / Jeffrey Carte of Karg Knives has been repeatedly saying for more than a year that they are just a few weeks away from getting all the refunds processed and all the knives shipped. Again, he has been saying this for MORE THAN A YEAR, and yet there is a herd of people on Instagram that think this guy is doing a great job and still believe him. The response on Instgram proves that P. T. Barnum knew a lot about human nature...

The exchange below is one of my favorites. (bulldog242 has been requesting a refund and trying to communicate with "gene" / Jeffrey Carte of Karg Knives since some time 2015.)

bulldog242: Good to know i need my money black and no answer holly shit i asked 5 Times and waited for too much time

nocturnalknives: @bulldog242 As per our email, you will receive your refund via wire transfer. @callem_sully everyone that has requested a refund has gotten one from us, and everyone that has decided to wait for their knife will get there knife. We're working through it and we'll be past all this soon.

bulldog242: I don't know how u will do u never asked me my bank info so I will wait for nothing I'm waiting and I just send u an other email...horrible service at all

nocturnalknives: @bulldog242 I asked you to forward your bank info.

I really don't understand the Instagram "community." Despite his record of lies and fraud, there is still a strong positive response to "gene" / Jeffrey Carte of Karg Knives most recent posts. People are free to like and support whichever businesses they choose, but "gene" / Jeff's record is so terrible that I cannot understand how ANYONE can look favorably on his business...

It's truly a strange place. I think its due to how "casual" it is to browse compared to a specific community like this where you eventually capture info. You hit search and based off things you like you get pictures. Fan of cars, dirtbikes, and outdoor photos? You'll probably get some guns and knives. Then if they think something is cool they comment especially if its from someone who gets a lot of likes and followers. It's always someone who isn't really in to knives tagging a friend to see it, or another "high end" collector who just started. Or some fanboy of his who received a knife backing Gene up for god knows what reason because they already own one. Can't really explain things to them because they barely even check IG or are too busy dealing with their own flood of likes. It's a frustrating place to try and warn people about scammers like this guy at Nocturnal. Especially when the page owner can just delete and block you lol.

Again not trying to defend the guy but I just wanted to update what happened in my particular case. Ordered a sineater folder 2 years ago and added a fixed blade on to the order like two months down the road. Got the fixed blade after like 12-14 months or so and was still waiting on the sineater. Went to Mexico for a week in June and he told me it would be done upon my return to the states. I got home and of course it was gonna be another few weeks. And then he told me he had a proto of a new folder. I told him to just send me the proto and we'll call it even. Just got a folder in the mail today.

DGrant09 that is fantastic that you got your order. I suppose he has to actually make a few people happy by finally providing what was paid for. I guess the point is what % of orders is he actually filling? If it is anything less than 100%, which I suspect its probably like only 10% then there is still a major problem.
Best of luck.

DGrant09 that is fantastic that you got your order. I suppose he has to actually make a few people happy by finally providing what was paid for. I guess the point is what % of orders is he actually filling? If it is anything less than 100%, which I suspect its probably like only 10% then there is still a major problem.
Best of luck.

As I said, not defending him. Just wanted to share my experience. The wait was ridiculous. The communication was ridiculous until I got my hands on his phone number. And the fact I didn't get what I ordered 2 years ago is crazy, but I'm not unhappy with the blade itself.

Back