• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

There is a lot more things he has done that I don't want to post as the people involved asked me not to. What I can say is that not only has he scammed customers, knife retailers & friends of mine in the knife community, but he has literally scammed his own family and personal friends. He has ruined people's lives that trusted him enough to invest in his ponzi scheme.

People are still being scammed, more and more. Do everyone a favor and make sure we continue to spread the word and redirect them back the this bladeforum thread. Thanks
Understandable. The guy knows no limits.

They deleted their instagram account. Still telling people they are getting a refund though.

It sounds like you were blocked (I was too, welcome to the club!). You can still see their IG page online as long as you are logged out of your account: https://www.instagram.com/nocturnalknives/. Easiest way to do that is to go into "Incognito Mode" or "Private Browsing" mode in your web browser.

Mr. Carte is terrible at damage control. I don't have an IG account, but I can see all kinds of comments on his photos calling out his B.S. and linking to this thread. Good work, whoever's doing that.

Well, I started posting on my Instagram account using the #nocturnalknives. I will continue till everyone knows about this jerk.

Mr. Carte is terrible at damage control. I don't have an IG account, but I can see all kinds of comments on his photos calling out his B.S. and linking to this thread. Good work, whoever's doing that.

I was posting links to this thread and a brief history of Jeff's aliases and fraudulent businesses. He has repeatedly deleted my post, and about 100 other posts on one thread alone. It is funny that he allows a lot of damning post to stay on his Instagram page. Earlier today he blocked me, so I can no longer see what is going on.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would give this guy money now. However, there's a sucker born every minute and a lot of people have short memories. I hope we can keep this thread going. IMHO, Jeff is more than a bad businessman, and if given half a chance he will start this same scam all over again.

Well, back when he was running Karg Knives, damage control was possible. For the timespan people thought he was an unprofessional shitbag, he still had the chance to redeem himself by sending back people's knives and making refunds/plans along the way. Instead he stole knives he was supposed to be working on and ran with the money, claiming he was broke.

He's singlehandedly destroyed his brand and there's no way he can save that - all he can do at this point is cover things up. Even stolen valor knifemakers and knockoff designers are more trustworthy and more customer service oriented than this guy.

Just wonder how long before he shutters Nocturnal to appear as some new company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm blown away this is still an ongoing thing and they refuse to make things right. How deep can you keep digging your hole?!

I'm blown away this is still an ongoing thing and they refuse to make things right. How deep can you keep digging your hole?!

If his "business plan" is to keep changing names, he probably does not care how bad the old brands stink.

We had a rug "dying" company (Dye your nylon carpet in place!) that average a new name every 7.5 months. The IRS settled his hash. Now there's an idea. I wonder if Mr. Nocturnal paid taxes on all those payment that he took in.

thanks to google, here I am. I'm not getting my knife, am I? I figured as much, after two years and at least ten promise emails.

Well this sucks. I just found this thread wondering why his "ex partner" Mike took me off his Instagram and Facebook page. Guessing he's gone into hiding. I've met Mike in person a few times, have had several communications with and even purchased a rather expensive MSC XL Yeti from him. Had actually considered giving him a CNC mill I had laying around taking up too much space in my garage. He always seemed to me like a personable stand up guy. Glad I didn't put any money down on a knife as I was seriously considering it. I see he's still active on USN. Sorry to hear of all the people that have been defrauded by Gene. Really sh**ty to do this to the knife community. The address you guys have posted for him is only a few miles from my house. Makes me wan to go pay him a visit. Has anyone contacted the Ohio Attorney General?

Edited to add that I've been in contact with Mike since this post. He is infact a victim of Gene (Ivan Black) and his wife Lisa Marie Carte. He had a substantial cash investment into Nocturnal Knives and has never been reimbursed for it, and has never been paid for any work performed when he was with them. He parted ways when he realized himself and others were being scammed. I'll stand behind Mike being a straight up, honest guy.

Last edited:
Well this sucks. I just found this thread wondering why his "ex partner" Mike took me off his Instagram and Facebook page. Guessing he's gone into hiding. I've met Mike in person a few times, have had several communications with and even purchased a rather expensive MSC XL Yeti from him. Had actually considered giving him a CNC mill I had laying around taking up too much space in my garage. He always seemed to me like a personable stand up guy. Glad I didn't put any money down on a knife as I was seriously considering it. I see he's still active on USN. Sorry to hear of all the people that have been defrauded by Gene. Really sh**ty to do this to the knife community. The address you guys have posted for him is only a few miles from my house. Makes me wan to go pay him a visit. Has anyone contacted the Ohio Attorney General?

Edited to add that I've been in contact with Mike since this post. He is infact a victim of Gene (Ivan Black) and his wife Lisa Marie Carte. He had a substantial cash investment into Nocturnal Knives and has never been reimbursed for it, and has never been paid for any work performed when he was with them. He parted ways when he realized himself and others were being scammed. I'll stand behind Mike being a straight up, honest guy.

Jeff gets a second chance to run an honest business and throws it away just like that. What a character.

There is so many things you guys don't know that I ant say because of the legal issues involved. Gene/Jeff/Ivan is a professional con man and has ruined people's lives. He continues to scam and hurt people, even his family. Don't let this thread die down and keep people aware of it.

Still can't believe his website is still up after all of these complaints.

Ft Turner's website is still up. Still quoting 8 weeks for deliver, which must burn those waiting years for paid-for hawks. These guys just have bent thinking. It's the customer's fault for not being "understanding."

Back