• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

What a shame. I was actually interested in a couple of their designs. Good thing I didn't give 'em any of my $. It's always a red flag when a maker requests $ up front. I've been watching this thread for a bit now hoping they'd come forward, but the dude has no integrity. Karma will catch up to him. No one likes a scamming thief.

Last edited:
Just an update, I continue to get emails from people that have been scammed. So Gene/Jeff/Ivan is still at it.

Although he has blocked me from posting, I look at his Instagram page from time to time. EVERYONE that is posting there now has been ripped off. He has totally stopped shipping knives and is not processing refunds.

Assuming that the people that are posting here and on Instagram are being truthful, the scope of Gene/Jeff/Ivan scam is huge.

Although he has blocked me from posting, I look at his Instagram page from time to time. EVERYONE that is posting there now has been ripped off. He has totally stopped shipping knives and is not processing refunds.

Assuming that the people that are posting here and on Instagram are being truthful, the scope of Gene/Jeff/Ivan scam is huge.

^ It would be poetic justice, turning on the television to watch a Dateline NBC some evening...and then realize you realize, that the victim in the story, is this guy (Gene/Jeff/Ivan).

I have no doubt, that someday (hopefully soon), he'll be getting his payback...& karma willing, this will happen after O-care is repealed! :D

What a piece of thieving crap!

^ It would be poetic justice, turning on the television to watch a Dateline NBC some evening...and then realize you realize, that the victim in the story, is this guy (Gene/Jeff/Ivan).

I have no doubt, that someday (hopefully soon), he'll be getting his payback...& karma willing, this will happen after O-care is repealed! :D

What a piece of thieving crap!

Murder and politics. Lol.

Too bad if I have to close the thread. Lets not get carried away, this isn't drama school. The thread is valuable for the victims. Bystanders with no skin in the game, or hard information for those victims, keep quiet. We dont need posts with no information making it harder to find those that do.

Hello friends,

In July, Nocturnal Knives told me my order was almost ready. I had been waiting since April of 2015 and like many of you, was used to long lead times involving deposits and suspected nothing. However, the last couple times I wrote to them, I received no response. Today, I did an internet search to see if I would come across a thread just like this one. Unfortunately, I must add my name to the list of people who placed an order, paid in full ($700 in my case) and was strung along for months past the expected ten-month lead time and am now realizing the entire business was a ponzi scheme. I am interested in doing anything I legally can to prevent these crooks from being able to continue to rob people. Being robbed in this manor is pretty frustrating, but mostly, I wish my money had gone to one of the hundreds of honest makers struggling to make a living.

Thank you for your efforts in exposing this scam, I appreciate your time and efforts very much.

Hi All,

Here is an update, it has been over 180 days since hey last posted anything, at that time they called us all in here liars and this was some witch hunt.... guess what, even his most loyal supporters abandoned gene/Jeff Carte / Ivan black as he for the 100th time did not live up to his promises again. He is still trying to take orders and many more have now posted and come forward with orders due over 2-3 years.

Don't let the community forget about this guy, I have heard he is trying to start up another company and name. When he does we will be there to shut him down again.

Here is an update:

Gene/Jeff/Ivan or whatever he tried to change his name to has completely disappeared. There are multie dozens of people he took money from won latest promise as of 35 weeks ago and then stopped communicating again.

Don't let this guy off the hook, he will reappear again, like when he rebranded away from karg knives.

He has popped back onto Instagram long enough to delete a bunch of comments off the posts. What a POS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that.

I will say it again; this is one of the biggest scams in the knife world. Gene / Jeff / whatever he is calling himself is going to pop up again. We need to stay vigilant and call him out when he does.

Self moderating his IG, who knows if those that sing his praises are HIM also.

We all feel better in the dark

Hey Guys,

Jeff/Gene has completed disappeared, nocturnal website is down and no knives or money returned.

His idiot 3-4 friends have also completely disappeared and no one is left defending them or answering questions.

The good is that we as a community ended this scam. The bad is that people are left with a loss of money and no product.

Please be vigilant as I have heard he is scheming to start all over again under another scam company.

Just so typical of him. Just noticed he's not in the Hall of Shame on here yet.

Wow, I really just spent an hour reading most of this thread lol Quite sad and unbelievable this story is. We like to think that we in the knife community are stand up respectful, truthful guys, and the majority 99% of us are. Then a POS like this guy comes along and takes hard earned money from unsuspecting people. Sorry that happened guys and let's shut down any other business he tries to pop back up with, cuz I GUARANTEE it's coming if not already. Guys like that who scam and feed off trusting individuals never stop. They are criminals and have that mindset and want to take from those who work hard, without working hard themselves.

Looks like from the previous post he might have a business called Revtac now? Investigating now.

If anyone finds that he is involved with a new business, please post it up here so people can be warned!

Back