Not enough love for the Gayle Bradley 2

I just got a GB2 last week. Haven't got to carry it much yet. I removed just a little bit of material from the scale to be able to release the lock easier, made a huge difference. It has more of an old time traditional feel to it compared to the PM2, Manix and Griptilian that I normally carry. I'm going to carry it for a while and see how I like using it. I use my knives pretty hard at work, some would probably call it abuse. I love the blade shape. If I could have this blade in a Manix handle I would be in love

I just got a GB2 last week. Haven't got to carry it much yet. I removed just a little bit of material from the scale to be able to release the lock easier, made a huge difference. It has more of an old time traditional feel to it compared to the PM2, Manix and Griptilian that I normally carry. I'm going to carry it for a while and see how I like using it. I use my knives pretty hard at work, some would probably call it abuse. I love the blade shape. If I could have this blade in a Manix handle I would be in love
Love to know how and what you removed to make the lock easier on the old thumb ?

Hey so I took a Dremel to the side of the scale w the lock . And it looks great and functions even better . I was really bothered by how hard it was to close so this was much needed thx for the tips everyone !

Hey so I took a Dremel to the side of the scale w the lock . And it looks great and functions even better . I was really bothered by how hard it was to close so this was much needed thx for the tips everyone !

I think it really makes a huge difference in enjoying this knife. Not that it's bad the way it comes, I just like it better with a little better lock access.

I think it really makes a huge difference in enjoying this knife. Not that it's bad the way it comes, I just like it better with a little better lock access.
Yup , I'm a person who is constantly flipping and fondling my knives so it made a huge difference. The lock was really good how it was but not if you open and close it 100 times a day

Glad you got it just right

I'm sure Sal and Gayle are rubbing their foreheads over this mod, but doggone it... I think it makes all the difference on this knife from me selling it and passing it along, to keeping it for the long haul!

I'm sure Sal and Gayle are rubbing their foreheads over this mod, but doggone it... I think it makes all the difference on this knife from me selling it and passing it along, to keeping it for the long haul!

For the record, I'm in favor of the original design but I like to see everyone happy. If you want the mod, this knife is well worth the effort.

Last edited:
This knife is God dam amazing. So smooth and soo solid ! The slight mod made a huge difference. I would love to see some sprints. Maybe maxamet with a compression lock ? It could potentially rival my all-time favourite manix2

I don't own a Gayle Bradley but i have a Sage 1 and Sage 3. Something about spyderco's with carbon fiber just looks too good to me. It's a perfect match the spydey hole and the carbon fiber just pops!

Hopefully this will help until you get it
sTyHwPO.jpg

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the Slysz Bowie and GB2 when you've had a chance to carry it for a bit. I ended up passing on the Bowie because of the semi hooked rear of the handle. Both are Tai Chung sweet.

Seems like the liner lock debate is about the only real hurdle this knife has.

When I was a boy I was using a fairly small traditional with a fairly thin liner lock (which I thought was the bee's knees, my first locking folder) and was digging a small hole in a piece of wood when I twisted the knife a little, releasing the lock and folding the blade onto my fingers. Ouch. I think it was the first time I realized how dangerous a knife could be to the user.

This is why I appreciate the design of GB locks. Best liner lock I've personally encountered. Gayle Bradley knows how to design a working liner lock.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the Slysz Bowie and GB2 when you've had a chance to carry it for a bit. I ended up passing on the Bowie because of the semi hooked rear of the handle. Both are Tai Chung sweet.

I'll be sure to share them with ya! I've had the GB1 on multiple occasions and liked it, hopefully the 2 is even better! My Bowie is down and out... me being dumb and getting too comfortable with her :oops:... We will see how this fares as a replacement ;)

You'll probably find the GB2 to be a little better as an EDC over the GB1.

No disrespect to the GB1, you wood carvin' mutha:cool:
71aoJiF.jpg

Anyone tried a forced patina w the m4 ? I'm definitely interested in doing it but just wanted to make sure it was possible

Anyone tried a forced patina w the m4 ? I'm definitely interested in doing it but just wanted to make sure it was possible

Definitely possible. Run a search and you should find two or three threads on the subject.

Back