Not much interest in FMA?

AncientSword

Gold Member
Hey, I was just wondering why this part of the forum is so empty? Are there no FMA fans around here? :confused:

Lets try and get some discussions going on here!

They seem to clean stale threads out of here quite frequently. I dunno why, there have been some good ones that I wish were still around.

I would love to learn eskrima. Though, there are no places where i live to practice it. So, i have not the opportunity.

Unfortunately this forum is not as busy and strong as it was 7 or 8 years ago.

Florida. I've checked. No where near by. I live in a small city.
if I lived anywhere in Florida, I'd be training regularly with Laci Szabo.

www.szaboinc.com

There's contact info there, he's a great guy. If he's too far away from you, he'll know people who are closer. Drop him an email.

There's a lot going on in Florida, don't limit yourself to the blanket term of "Escrima". Even if there are no schools or instructors proximal to you, you might consider going to a seminar or two, or getting some private lessons and then starting your own working group in your area. that's how we got started up here. Best of luck, lemme know if you need more info.

Contact Bram Frank (Bram on this forum) who is in Clearwater. I highly recommend training with Bram if you can. If you are not near Clearwater, I am sure that Bram has students and/or contacts with whom he might be able to put you in contact.

They seem to clean stale threads out of here quite frequently. I dunno why, there have been some good ones that I wish were still around.

They are all still here. Go to the bottom of the forum thread page at Filipino Combat Arts Forum and you will see boxes Sorted By ... Sort Order ... From The

Change From The's entry to Last Year or Beginning and then click Show Threads beneath it.

If you want a jumping off point, how about the NYT article on obscure martial arts from a few weeks ago? I remember the phrase "balletic violence" being used. Would be a provocative and fun thread. I'm looking into getting a job closer to home, better paid, and different hours, at which point I will see if I can fit a local FMA gym into my budget and time. Since I haven't moved on it, won't report anything till I do.
Zero

Sorry..i've been out and about..thanks for the reference Jon!
There are lots of FMA schools and Instructors here in Florida..
just as an example:
GM Baet, Gm Inocalla, GM Pambuan, GM Luzviminda,,,
Inosanto style, JKD Inosanto blends.. Sifu Dwight Woods, Sifu Laci Szabo, Modern Arnis groups..SErrada groups..
Guro Tony Torre, Guro Louis Krudo. Guro Chad Bailey, GM Ray Dianaldo, Guro Mike Sayoc, the Sayoc Kali group...Arnis Karate of the late Dr,Wilfredo Matias
well you get the idea..

Where are you in Florida?
Panhandle?
Space Coast?
Gulf Coast?
Tampa Bay?
Miami Area?

be safe
Bram
arnisman@aol.com
www.cssdsc.com
www.S2institute.com

There are also home study programs out there on Filipino Arnis.

If anyone is interested I can post a link here later.

I'm interested.

I just started reading this forum, and will continue to do so periodically...even though I haven't trained FMA for close to 20 years...

Chris

If you guys like the martial arts of the Philippines, I have two great sites for you, the first is Martialmartiax.com they are dedicated to the Filipino martial arts with 100's of videos and all kinds of stuff you would like. And the newest one is bladesoflife.com, if you love custom knives, and martial arts dealing with real world applications, you'll like this one,
I am sure you will get in to this. I haven't seen any Pekiti Tirsia demos here, so hoping they will post soon...... you are all invited Both of them are dedicated to the Filipino arts
I am hoping Tuhon Bill Mcgrath will post here.

Have A Blessed Day

Back