O-Rings fer KA-BARS...

Worked halfway well on the AFSK. Maybe I got the sizes wrong or something, but the middle two stand out enough as a guide for the middle finger. the other rings just sort of filled the gaps.

So I did this mod to my 1219 and I think it made a world of difference. A much better grip that enhances the utility of the blade.

Last edited:
Did this on my 1217 and the results are phenomenal! Have a shorty USMC showing up Monday will get the appropriate washers for that as well. What about the BIG Ka Bars like my 1245 tanto?

Since you have them (1264/1265), if you have a gross micrometer or OD gauge, measure the groove diameters of the 1217 and 1265 and determine the groove diameter difference to see if the same or diff rings are needed. I'd check mine but I won't have access to the said devices until Mon-Tues-Wed. I am SUPPOSED to be receiving 2 new queens for a couple of my hives "Monday or Tuesday", so I won't be heading in to the shop until after the queens arrive.

I would imagine the 1264/1265 take the same #15 size the 1217 does the handles look the same. I do have a micrometer so will measure. Will have stats up Monday

I used two #15 on each smallest ends, used #16 for larger middle on my Leather Tanto 1264, works to improve grip, when new these Leather handles are slippery as a muddy Montana hog.

6a3457993d25e45faae07d1f297d6e04.jpg

Back