Recommendation? O Tanto Warrior Series - any feedback ?

fq55

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Anyone own one of these? How is the construction? I've been looking at these lately but haven't been able to find much in terms of reviews.

I haven't heard too many great things about CS swords, but I do remember this endorsement when I was looking at this model. For what it's worth....."Since I started in the knife business over twenty years ago, one thing my customers have been asking for was quality Japanese-style swords. My answer has always been "someday, someone will make a decent sword, but not yet". Well, that day has come! I so highly regard these Warrior Series Swords from Cold Steel, that I keep an O Tanto on display in my office. These Warrrior Series Swords are exactly what I have been hoping for these past twenty years, they're worth every penny, and they carry my highest personal recommendation". Jeff L.

I haven't heard too many great things about CS swords, but I do remember this endorsement when I was looking at this model. For what it's worth....."Since I started in the knife business over twenty years ago, one thing my customers have been asking for was quality Japanese-style swords. My answer has always been "someday, someone will make a decent sword, but not yet". Well, that day has come! I so highly regard these Warrior Series Swords from Cold Steel, that I keep an O Tanto on display in my office. These Warrrior Series Swords are exactly what I have been hoping for these past twenty years, they're worth every penny, and they carry my highest personal recommendation". Jeff L.
o_OWho is "Jeff L ." ? The quote doesn't mean much if I don't understand where it came from .;) Sorry if it's a stupid question .:oops:

Last edited:
I'm thinking Jeff Loffer from Cutlery Shoppe
Yeah ! I see now it's a comment in red on his catalog page for the item . But he is selling it ,so...? And it's hanging on his wall . He didn't say he was cutting with it .

I intentionally don't identify/promote dealers that don't subscribe to BF. It's not fair to the dealers who pay to subscribe. Jeff has a good rep. If he recommends something, I will take him at his word.

I intentionally don't identify/promote dealers that don't subscribe to BF. It's not fair to the dealers who pay to subscribe. Jeff has a good rep. If he recommends something, I will take him at his word.
OK ! That means something . Thanks .:cool:

I have one and its constructed well. Keep in mind its not going to handle as gracefully as other options but it should hold up longer.

Back