OFFICAL PATCH GROUP BUY

How many patches do you want to buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean to sound like i was singling Meshach out. I assure you, I was not. IIRC, he recently had a thread, asking about whether to get a 7, or 9. I didn't contribute to the thread, simply because I've never owned a 7, and couldn't make an honest comparison. I would have said 9 anyways though, haha.
I want everyone to have a Beckerhead patch, I really do. I just see it as unfair, for a lack of a better word, to those who have earned their status, stuck it out, and contributed so much.

On the other hand, there are Beckerheads who got their number, and haven't really shown up since.

Several years ago I remember lurking around here and coming across this particular sub. Beckerhead status intrigued me so I looked to see what all the hubbub was about. Even though life happened and I did not stick around the forums at that time, I could still see that achieving Beckerhead status was not only a worthy endeavor but one that could be a lot of fun striving for.

When I officially joined the forums last year, I did so to better plug into the Becker community and take part in the interests and enthusiasm that we all share for these knives and the outdoors in general. I made it a priority to work on Beckerhead status even though I wasn't certain it was still a thing. To be perfectly honest, this particular sub doesn't seem to be as active as I remember it being years ago when I was simply lurking. However, regardless of all that, the time and effort paid off and I am now a Beckerhead and am rather proud to have earned that status, though it was hardly work, it is quite fun to show off one's knives and put them to work...

I don't understand why a non-Beckerhead would desire a patch that says "Beckerhead", unless, of course, they are in the process of becoming one. The patch is the equivalent of a Badge of Honor, it proudly demonstrates that:
  • Yes! I earned that status.
  • Yes! I am an enthusiastic supporter of Ethan Becker's designs.
  • Yes! I enjoy this community and am an active participant.
  • Yes! I like bacon.
I really only have two areas here in BF that I hang out in. When things are slow here (which they kind of have been), I hang out in my other favorite area. If I could spend every day in the woods, using my knives and taking pictures for you all to see, I would do so in a heartbeat. But I am a young man still with bills to pay and a family to support. Becker related activities will most certainly be shared with you all when they happen though.

But I might be getting a little off track here. These patches are clearly for Beckerheads. Why one who isn't a Beckerhead or doesn't aspire to be one is a bit beyond me. If I was still working on my BH#, I would be grateful for the opportunity to own one but would respectfully decline until I had earned it. I am quite certain that those of us who ordered extras will happily provide new 'heads with a patch should the opportunity arise in the future. Like other corners of these forums, there are a great group of guys and gals here amongst the Beckerheads.

I took this to be as a person that has applied but has yet to be officially accepted.

I'm fairly certain several of us will have extras for some folks down the road.

That makes sense too, if you've met all the requirements and have applied you're a Beckerhead minus a number waiting on the mods to get around to adding you, rather than not qualifying at all.

I didn't mean to sound like i was singling Meshach out. I assure you, I was not. IIRC, he recently had a thread, asking about whether to get a 7, or 9. I didn't contribute to the thread, simply because I've never owned a 7, and couldn't make an honest comparison. I would have said 9 anyways though, haha.
I want everyone to have a Beckerhead patch, I really do. I just see it as unfair, for a lack of a better word, to those who have earned their status, stuck it out, and contributed so much.

On the other hand, there are Beckerheads who got their number, and haven't really shown up since.
I beleive that was my first post which was about a year ago (It recently got revived, that might be why it seems it was recent), ive had others a had a few others since then. Just clarifying i have had and been using my bk 9 (along with other beckers ive bought along the way). Not trying to split hairs but it makes me sound like i just got into these a week ago or somehing. (Which still isnt a fraction as long as some of you have been at it) I appreciate that you were not trying to single me out because that is how i took it, which wasnt a good feeling. Thank you for clearing that up. I respect you and all that you contribute here and i recognize you from a certain bushcraft forum that i also respect your content on. I lurk here all the time but reply only when i feel i have something of value to add. Which saying it out loud (so to speak) i see why that in itself could be upsetting. If anything this experience will make me contribute more here and start more threads as well. I actually recently got some tkc g10 scales that i was going to do a thread about. I had no clue of how hard it was in the beggining for people to get a number. Like i said i will yield the patches i voted for. I am still going to become a beckerhead but i want to do it my way, letting it happen naturally. If someone wants to kick me down a patch or two by that time i'd be grateful, but i dont feel entitled to the generosity. Sorry for all the hubbub this has created, Just wanted to show my love for these awesome knives we all love.

EDIT: i can only change my vote, not erase it completely, i dont know how to fix this...

Ill throw in my 2 cents since you've all been waiting for my opinion! (Snark)! I've been around this place since 2009 before there were Beckerhead numbers! I don't post a lot but read through the new posts daily. I'm not a Beckerhead but I've got 7 different models and 10 total Becker knives. I've gifted a few and now have a couple of buddies that are using Beckers for their fixed blade needs. I can see both sides of the arguement but I lean to keeping it open for all. Maybe putting a limit for non Beckerheads to help prevent them from going on eBay? The more people that see the patch on bags or hats may equal more sales of Becker knives which is the ultimate goal. I know when I've been out at local campgrounds people have come up and started conversations about the brand of knife. Anyways that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ill throw in my 2 cents since you've all been waiting for my opinion! (Snark)! I've been around this place since 2009 before there were Beckerhead numbers! I don't post a lot but read through the new posts daily. I'm not a Beckerhead but I've got 7 different models and 10 total Becker knives. I've gifted a few and now have a couple of buddies that are using Beckers for their fixed blade needs. I can see both sides of the arguement but I lean to keeping it open for all. Maybe putting a limit for non Beckerheads to help prevent them from going on eBay? The more people that see the patch on bags or hats may equal more sales of Becker knives which is the ultimate goal. I know when I've been out at local campgrounds people have come up and started conversations about the brand of knife. Anyways that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Then why haven't you become a Beckerhead?

EDIT: I'm glad you own, like, and use Becker knives. I wish everyone did, really. But that still doesn't mean you're a Beckerhead. A Becker fan, yes, Beckerhead, no. You didn't take the time to meet the criteria, and get a number. Of course you're leaning to keeping it open to all.
Also, I have my BH patch on my sling bag every time I go hiking, and wear my BH t-shirt, and ball cap all the time, and have never sold one Becker knife, or, for that matter, had anyone ask me about it.

Last edited:
I just don't start threads a lot. With work, 2 kids under 4 and trying to get outside as much as possible posting time is limited. It may sound like I'm making excuses but most of what I have to say has already been covered at some point.

I just don't start threads a lot. With work, 2 kids under 4 and trying to get outside as much as possible posting time is limited. It may sound like I'm making excuses but most of what I have to say has already been covered at some point.
I get it man, I really do. I'm older, and there are no kids at home, so I have more time. But there are others in the same boat, who are Beckerheads. Actually, I believe Moose, moderator here, that started the Beckerhead idea, isn't here hardly at all anymore, because of family.

Anywhos, like I said before, whatever the outcome, I'll live with it.

I get it man, I really do. I'm older, and there are no kids at home, so I have more time. But there are others in the same boat, who are Beckerheads. Actually, I believe Moose, moderator here, that started the Beckerhead idea, isn't here hardly at all anymore, because of family.

Anywhos, like I said before, whatever the outcome, I'll live with it.

I'll live with it too. And if the decision is made for only Beckerheads then I will forfeit my 2.

Another thing that makes this sub forum so great is the interaction between members. It may have seemed that we were singling out Meshach so I had to speak up since I voted for a couple. We talked it out and didn't turn in to a screaming match.

I'll live with it too. And if the decision is made for only Beckerheads then I will forfeit my 2.

Another thing that makes this sub forum so great is the interaction between members. It may have seemed that we were singling out Meshach so I had to speak up since I voted for a couple. We talked it out and didn't turn in to a screaming match.
I had stated earlier, that I haven't read every post in this thread. I just noticed his first, and didn't think he was a Beckerhead. I looked it up, and he wasn't, and that's when I said something. I'm sure if I went through the whole thread, there would be others as well.

On a forum, sometimes it's hard to convey your intended "voice". I wasn't trying to sound like an ass, just stating what I believe.

On a side note, it wasn't any harder to become a Beckerhead then than now. The criteria is the same. This forum was hopping then, compared to now. It was a busy place, with BH contests going on, etc. It's changed a bit since then.

On a side note, it wasn't any harder to become a Beckerhead then than now. The criteria is the same. This forum was hopping then, compared to now. It was a busy place, with BH contests going on, etc. It's changed a bit since then.

Challenge accepted - I will come up with a contest in the next few days with 2 prizes.
1 open to anyone, and a second for any contestants who are Beckerheads before the prizes are awarded.

Challenge accepted - I will come up with a contest in the next few days with 2 prizes.
1 open to anyone, and a second for any contestants who are Beckerheads before the prizes are awarded.
Awesome brudda. :thumbsup:

Ok here is the deal.

I joined bladeforums with only one purpose, becoming a beckerhead. The number is earned. I wanted to be more than a becker fan. I wanted to be a beckerhead. From what I've seen in past threads all the giveaways, contests, and previous group buys have been beckerhead's only.

So this group buy will also be for beckerheads only.

I'm extremely sorry this was not addressed in the beginning. That's totally my fault, I should have thought about this beforehand.

To say I'm sorry I will make all you non-beckerheads that are currently involved in this group buy a promise. If you stick around and get your number, I will mail you a patch for free.

Now for an update:

The order has been placed. SO NO MORE VOTES. Don't change your vote. Don't PM me and ask me to change your number.

Now I feel the need to address this one last time. I'm fronting all the money for this buy because I didn't want anyone to think anything shady was happening. We ordered a lot more than I thought and it's a hefty chuck of cash. So please when the time comes don't make me hunt you down to pay for the order you made. It won't be me doing the hunting... you will be dealing with my wife haha.

I want to thank everyone involved in this. I never thought for a second we would even go over 150 patches. They estimated middle to late July for delivery to me. Then you guys may have to give me a bit of time to sort everyones order out and get them mailed. Price per patch has not changed.

I will close this thread soon and open another eventually for updates.

Ok here is the deal.

I joined bladeforums with only one purpose, becoming a beckerhead. The number is earned. I wanted to be more than a becker fan. I wanted to be a beckerhead. From what I've seen in past threads all the giveaways, contests, and previous group buys have been beckerhead's only.

So this group buy will also be for beckerheads only.

I'm extremely sorry this was not addressed in the beginning. That's totally my fault, I should have thought about this beforehand.

To say I'm sorry I will make all you non-beckerheads that are currently involved in this group buy a promise. If you stick around and get your number, I will mail you a patch for free.
Completely fair, and very nice of you to offer up free patches to upcoming Beckerheads. I hope it encourages people to get out there, use their Becker blades, become Beckerheads, and contribute to this awesome forum.

On a side note, I wish I could have purchased more, but got handed a $1,000 income tax bill, and a $2,000 doctor bill, a few days apart. If I could have purchased more, i too, would have offered free patches.

OK these are the people that do not have a beckerhead number and have been taken off my list. If you have applied and are waiting on a number you're still in.

I just name matched from the beckerhead list. If your name didn't match it's on this list. If I made a mistake let me know!

E.E.Woulfe
meshach
SoCo
cEdge *
RichardBay
riversidedep
Blanks56
austexjg *
TwiceTheExcitement
DYSPHORIC JOY
Doc_Savage *
jackal_727
BladeFirst

* If you have an asterisk by your name it looks like you've met all of the requirements to apply for a number, but I couldn't find your name or an application.

I'll be honest I don't post a lot but am a beckerhead, either there are rules to joining or there aren't, no half measures.;)

Note I read almost every post though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back