OK&T Blade Show 2017 Photos

Comprehensivist

Platinum Member
Here are some quick unedited cell phone photos of my Osprey Knife & Tool Blade Show scores. I also picked up some knives from Fiddleback Forge and Carothers Performance Knives that I will post in their respective sub-forums?

I will post more photos and comments when I get back home next week.

The "K" Apache

The "K2" Raptor

The Tusk

Another group shot.

Thanks again Chris for making this a special event for us. You make some amazing knives!

Phil

Thank you for posting these up so soon Phil, and it was really a pleasure to see you at the Table Friday morning. We both look frayed around the edges, but it was exciting nonetheless.

The photos you took are amazing, and after staring at these knives everyday for the last few months you did them justice, they look better than I remember or maybe my eyes were just sore and heavy. LOL

I am getting my bearings back and caught up with some things around the house. I look forward to seeing more photos and as always your thoughts when you get back from your vacation.

I have a few photos to contribute to this thread as well!

I look forward to seeing Prom52's too!;)

Phil, very nice trio. That Raptor is amazing though!
Once the dust settles from Blade, I think a Raptor is going to be on my short list.

Phil, very nice trio. That Raptor is amazing though!
Once the dust settles from Blade, I think a Raptor is going to be on my short list.

It was good to see you at Blade Show too Sergio and catch up for the few minutes we had!

I will be making more Raptors soon!

One thing I quickly found out is that it's challenging to take creative photos when you're sick. Rather than try and follow Phil's lead on the awesome outdoor compositions, I decided to look for appropriate backdrops inside our cabin to capture a few simple shots of the three knives I picked up from Chris at Blade Show last week:

DSC01470_zpsgjdg9rdq.jpg~original

Razorback w/ antique black micarta scales & natural westinghouse micarta liner & pins:

DSC01195_zpszdyffb3q.jpg
DSC01472_zpsqhitsovq.jpg~original

K Raptor w/ carbon fiber scales, black G-10 liner & white pin stripes:

DSC01473_zpsrv9p6hwa.jpg~original

Trail Hand w/ carbon fiber scales, violet G-10 liner & white pin stripes & pins:

DSC01474_zpsg6e9dy0n.jpg~original
[/URL]

Chris really busted his butt to offer an amazing variety of knives on his table at Blade Show. My wife and I paid a visit to the shop on late Thursday afternoon prior to the show to see how things were coming along. At that point he was looking at pulling one final all-nighter to finish up hand sharpening his beautiful batch of blades. Here is a shot of him pulling down the drape for his BS table which was hanging about 15' high on one of the walls at the shop:

DSC01138_zps1m9dsmvn.jpg~original

When we finally met him at this table on Friday afternoon he looked surprisingly chipper. Here is one final shot of Chris selling his wares. It seems that a knife maker does his best sales work with hands in pocket:

DSC01195_zpszdyffb3q.jpg~original

Thanks again Chris for all the hard work you put into making Blade Show 2017 a memorable experience !

Last edited:
Back