Old 100 Series Identification?

Heres a late 40s lucite with an almost identical blade stamp. Remember that if you miss-strike the stamp and graze off, you'll miss seing the top portion of the stamp where it wasnt fully struck.

Last edited:
I think it's an early 50 made one off blade, rehandled in the mid 60s.

Matt, that's probably a good assessment. My initial thought was sort of like that, but I let the sheath influence me. Of course there is a strong chance that the sheath originally wasn't with the knife.

Bert

Matt,

What do you make of the fact that the "B" in the stamp is larger than the other letters?

Bert

When did they stop using the flat pommel? Also, the lettering is a bit odd. It is not at all like the group 1 knife above. It looks more primitive in the lettering, but more advanced in the blade workmanship. I know nothing about early knives, but there is no barrel nut, I note. Could this knife be one cobbled together from parts in the early days of the factory?

This is the fun stuff.... appreciate all the opinions. I should have the knife by Thursday.

Nice to see you drop by Matt. It's not often.
Matt, you said "The pommel is not pinned or made with a barrel nut construction."
Then how would it be attached?

Nice to see you drop by Matt. It's not often.
Matt, you said "The pommel is not pinned or made with a barrel nut construction."
Then how would it be attached?
Roger, before pinning and barrel nut construction the pommel was threaded and screwed on to a bolt that was brazed onto the tang. This is why spacers were originally used. They were used to correct miss calculations. They weren't for aesthetic purposes.

Back