Moonlight: 1 (45days)
Beam Distance: 501 ft / 153 m
Weight: 2.26 oz
Length: 4.33"
Diameter: .95"
CREE XHP50 LED w/ TIR Lens
Battery: 18650

This was sent to me for review.

Another great addition to the Olight lineup, the H2R is a great EDC or camping light. It comes from Olight in a nice display box with a head strap, charger and instructions. The charger is the same we have become accustomed to with end glowing red while charging and green when charge is complete. The user interface is also the same as we are now becoming used to. One click of the switch will turn the light on in the last mode you used (except Turbo after 10 minutes). While on pressing and holding the switch will cycle through the modes (H,M,L) and when off pressing and holding the switch will activate moonlight. Also from off, pressing and holding the switch through moonlight mode will electronically lock the light preventing accidental activation. While on, in any more, a double click of the switch activates turbo mode. In the same situation a triple click puts you in strobe mode.

The three strap headband has a magnetic light holder which includes a rubber strap for added staying power. The pocket clip attaches securely to the light and is reversible for pocket carry or for attaching the brim of a hat. It also works well clipped to your belt or the outside of your pocket as a walking light. The pocket clip gets removed to use the headband. Olight provides a "high discharge" 3000 mHa 18650 battery to help reach that 2300 lumen mark and the charger is the same we as we have become used to, it will work with other "R" models. Essentially you are buying a self-contained EDC lighting system, meaning you don’t need to buy anything else to get started. You get a high quality light, charger, battery and headlamp strap which should fulfill most if not all of your needs.

The beam pattern is excellent in my opinion. Plenty of flood and plenty of throw without a defined hot spot or rings around the outer edges to distract you. I’ve used it now to get up and check something in the middle of the night walking through the house, moonlight and low are great for this. I’ve also taken the dog out at night on the golf course (pitch black) and had zero problems finding my way and investigating suspicious leaves (medium, high). The turbo mode is almost obscene, I can’t see ever “needing” 2300 lumens but I will have to say being able to light up a very large area good enough to see everything is a very handy feature. With that much output on turbo the head gets very hot, fortunately the light will step itself down to avoid ruining anything.

So far, so good with the Olight H2R. I couldn’t be happier. It is a great all around light that is proving to be very versatile. It will be replacing my current nightstand light because of the features and versatility it offers. Someone new to flashlights will really benefit from a complete run and gun light package with everything you need to get started and keep running. Olight has hit another one out of the park with the H2R.

IMG_2569.JPG IMG_2572.JPG IMG_2576.JPG IMG_2579.JPG IMG_2645.JPG IMG_2646.JPG IMG_2647.JPG IMG_2648.JPG IMG_2649.JPG

It's amazing to see a XHP50 being run off of 1 battery and the Olight UI is one of the better ones around. I know you mentioned that the head gets hot within a minute (understandably so with that much light being put out), but I assume you mean the head of the headlamp correct? How about in use when wearing the H2R, does it get hot against the forehead?

It's amazing to see a XHP50 being run off of 1 battery and the Olight UI is one of the better ones around. I know you mentioned that the head gets hot within a minute (understandably so with that much light being put out), but I assume you mean the head of the headlamp correct? How about in use when wearing the H2R, does it get hot against the forehead?

Actually with it centered in the head band. There is enough room and material between you and the head that you don't feel it at all. See picture below.

Whew I bet it gets hot at 2300 for 1 minute.

Yes it does. You can hold onto it for a few seconds.

IMG_2787.JPG

Back