On the bench...Tim Knotts Knives.

I lived just outside of Annapolis for 3 years(mid 90s) and my X and I used to go there a lot. It was a nice small town that made you forget you were that close to the city. Sad to see that happen.

Small world Tim, my Dad was public works director for the City of Annapolis he's retired and lives in Arnold right off College Parkway. I know that area well spent almost 30 years in the Baltimore/Annapolis area and still have friends and family down there. Moved to PA in the early 90's. Yes it was sad to see EC devastated like that.

I talked to a guy I know through ham radio in Ellicott city and he was telling me the historic district got it the worst. Some of those buildings have been there since the early 1800s and a flood 200 yrs later finally gets them. Kinda sad.

I think what I miss most about MD is the sea food. Hard to beat blue crab and Pabst Blue Ribbon beer!

I talked to a guy I know through ham radio in Ellicott city and he was telling me the historic district got it the worst. Some of those buildings have been there since the early 1800s and a flood 200 yrs later finally gets them. Kinda sad.

I think what I miss most about MD is the sea food. Hard to beat blue crab and Pabst Blue Ribbon beer!

I loved the seafood especially since I was only 1/2 an hour from the Bay and always got it fresh, also loved the Blue Crabs but I'll have to pass on the PBR....:D I used to go to the Rams Head Tavern on West street when it was just a little basement pub I think they had 20 beers on tap and well over a 100 bottles back in the 80's.

Hey Scott, you ever know a guy that turns into a Steve Martin/George Carlin/Rodney Dangerfield combination when he gets a few drinks in him?

(That's Tim, he's hilarious. But don't tell him I said that.)

Hey Scott, you ever know a guy that turns into a Steve Martin/George Carlin/Rodney Dangerfield combination when he gets a few drinks in him?

(That's Tim, he's hilarious. But don't tell him I said that.)

That would be me.......:rolleyes:

You'll have to get out this way some time, it would be a blast.
Or we'd all end up in jail.

Haha. Good thing about MT is by the time the cops respond we could all be back home and passed out.

The voices in your head don't count. They're just trying to cover their tracks!

Dang it...that little voice is usually the only one that agrees with me. I always thought of him as a very wise fellow.

How did you carve out the niche for the shield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Irona. For this knife I had a template and used a dremel to cut out the pocket for the shield. I don't have templates for all my shields so some have to be cut out very carefully be cut by hand. Basically lay the shield in place and then scribe around it. Next is just a slow process of carving out the pocket for the shield. The old timers used parsers. They are a rather interesting and ingenious design. You can find a few videos on the web showing them being used.

Just finished these two for my Aunt...she wanted them as Christmas presents.

Blade Steel: 5/32" O1

OAL: 7 3/4"

handle: Walnut

I REALLY like the way the walnut came out. The pics really do not do them justice.

This was my first Butterfly sheath and first time using the "Thumbling" stamp.

Enjoy.

:thumbup::thumbup:
Very nice. I like the satin finish on both the blades and slabs.

Thanks. I'm a fan of satin..which is good because I have yet to accomplish a nice mirror finish. I look at Scott Hanson's finishes and I am in awe. I took this to 1200 and then finished with 600 grit and Semi-Chrome.

I've mirror polished a few factory blades but its really easy to lose the sharp lines on some.

Scott does fantastic work and I hope to have one of his someday. I don't know what his knives go for and don't even want to know at this point.

Both great looking knives and sheaths! I agree with you on the walnut, nice looking slabs!

Very nice Tim, I love the Walnut.

I have a hard time forcing myself to use anything other than ironwood, walnut and maple. I have some African Blackwood that is quickly becoming a favorite too.

Back