On the bench...Tim Knotts Knives.

Nice looking knives and sheaths, I have some thumbing stamps very similar to that but have not had a chance to use them.

Thanks Scott. I think the are 4 different stamps in the set. I have the largest and smallest. I think a midsize would be nice too as you could go back over the larger stamp in spots and make it look even more random.

Are those Tandy stamps? I think I have the small and medium size ones I'll have to look and see but they give a really nice texture to the leather.

Yes they are Tandy. I'll get the numbers for you if you want.

Yes let me know I think I have a couple of them already, I also have some tut have a neat ray skin like texture. I'm up deer hunting right now but I'll try and post them when I get back.

Haven't posted in here in a while and it's time to get things rolling again.coin edge_edited.jpeg
Coin edge liners.... They are beautiful when done right but no matter what it seems I always get one a hair off and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Rome wasn't built in a day...
Agree. Just makes me appreciate the guys that do it right even more. I've seen a few different techniques for doing it, just need to find the one that consistently gives me the best results.

Haven't posted in here in a while and it's time to get things rolling again.View attachment 1231805
Coin edge liners.... They are beautiful when done right but no matter what it seems I always get one a hair off and it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Is that a jeweler's saw? That's gotta be tricky.

Going through the grits. As I get older and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, I find that I can quickly see trouble spots by taking a picture and zooming in. Saves me a lot of time finding and correcting issues at the lower grits before moving on. This is at 400 grit 20191115_112016-01.jpeg

Back