On the Bench

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I have loads of knives in various states of completion, here are a few in progress.

I signed these yesterday and glued them up with G-flex, I'll let the epoxy cure 2 more days and then start shaping the scales.

026o.jpg

Cocobolo and Copper Tanto
.360 Razor Style Cleaver with glow g11 and stainless hardware
Chopper with green canvas micarta and stainless hardware

These are hanging behind the grinder and have all been heat treated, the big cleaver is next in line for post heat treat grinding.

018qa.jpg

Here are some that are almost ready to go. Some are bagged up and treated with Ballistol... I'll get photos of them soon but here is what they look like today.
008fw.jpg

Thanks mang. I was waiting on my etcher so I could put my makers mark on it. Now it's on!

Here is what my makers mark looks like.
021tnn.jpg

I heat treated a small batch of 5160 knives today.

Here's the kiln ramping up with the knives in it. I just pulled them out of the temper oven a minute ago.

083bh.jpg

lol =x I mean, nice kiln.. I gotta plan... and it involves tin foil inside the entire trailer... :D

i keep digging your blades more and more

Thanks for the compliments! I really appreciate it, they keep me going.

lol =x I mean, nice kiln.. I gotta plan... and it involves tin foil inside the entire trailer... :D

:D Heh heh... you can use Cory and Trevor for that after they do some work for me. :D

I've been out sanding Cocobolo, it kind of reminds me of cutting onions when I sand it, gnarly stuff. Even with the respirator and safety glasses it makes my eyes sting. It is worth it though, I love the look of Cocobolo.

049xm.jpg

I'm getting very close!

002wg.jpg

Veesix - I have yours shaped up and have it in the Toxic Glow Treatment Facility. I'd get photos but you can't bring a camera in there... top secret stuff. :D

Are those two posts above mine, photos of the same chopper? and you must have a black light on this one showing the handle? O_O ITS ALIVE Ahhhhhhhhhashigfoaewhtig

Are those two posts above mine, photos of the same chopper? and you must have a black light on this one showing the handle? O_O ITS ALIVE Ahhhhhhhhhashigfoaewhtig

that's what J-Roc calls negative art, boyyyyyy

[youtube]qfaj_wc2AVs[/youtube]

Oh yeah, same chopper, it has green canvas micarta scales. :)

Back