On the horizon

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
So... what's next? I have tons of plans once I get my current projects and orders finished. I ordered a load of S7 steel for the toughest knives around and will make some choppers and bigger stuff out of it.

I'll do a big batch of S7 gear and send them off for heat treat, S7 is beyond the capability of my kiln and heat treat setup. Paul Bos or Peters will likely do the heat treat.

I have a serious brush and tree cutter coming up soon... 24" long and 1/8" S7. More on that later...

I also have about 25 feet of 3/16" O1 steel coming for my interpretation of a bushcraft knife. They will be my next big project!

Here are some knives I have hanging on the shop wall, most are heat treated and I will get to them soon or are very close to completion.

weekswork020.jpg

weekswork008.jpg

weekswork012.jpg

The second from the bottom, first picture. I like! Are these preordered or still available?

The second from the bottom, first picture. I like! Are these preordered or still available?

I have it heat treated and hanging on the shop wall, send me a pm. I don't take formal orders or money up front... but I can make it how you like it and you get "dibs."

looks like another thin tanto with 3 sets of jimping in the works :D that going to be yours? :)

the cleaver.. specs.. dibs? me? gitd? horse mat? moooo? wooof!

and wth is that rounded little knife going to be? O_O

Thanks, I still need to get a membership so I can PM.

I'm sorry, I forgot about that! :D Send me an email, just click on my profile and there is a link to it.

I'd contact you but you don't have an email listed... I can understand that, darn spammers will look anywhere! :D

looks like another thin tanto with 3 sets of jimping in the works :D that going to be yours? :)

That is yours mang! It is pre heat treat in the photo so it looks a lot different. Old photo, I'm still trying to get caught up on orders. Yours is #1 in line though, it has been a while huh....

:)

...the cleaver is spoken for and it is .360 stock, about 12"+ long. I have about 10 feet of .360 stock left so plenty more big stuff will be coming!

The rounded knife you see is a Ulu/convertible hatchet I'm making out of a shorter piece of 5160. I am going to grind and wrap it so it can be used a knife or scraper but you can take off the wrap and turn it into a hatchet.

nice wharnie, too!
that ulu-thing looks intriguing, can't say I can visualise the concept, make sure you post pix when it's finished!

nice wharnie, too!
that ulu-thing looks intriguing, can't say I can visualise the concept, make sure you post pix when it's finished!

:D I'm going to have to see myself how it will work, lol. I may permanently attach it to a handle, right now I'm not too sure. I have to see how the grind I have planned for it cuts as a knife, it could be a hatchet only!

Back