Old thread, new forum - A new place to post random ideas.

Lovely work, buddy!The middle one reminds me of those old 30's and 40's bowie-hunter models. I like all of them.

That's what I thought to David, kind of like a Marbles or a Morseth style, they also remind me a little bit like a Randall that's been re-handled by Behring.

That's what I thought to David, kind of like a Marbles or a Morseth style, they also remind me a little bit like a Randall that's been re-handled by Behring.
You're right, Scott, they do have that look. Is this the bowie I heard you speak of, or are you working on a different bowie knife?

I think that's what I like most about his work. Classic, nostalgic features, with amazing fit & finish that all comes together in its own way. I'm honored that you guys post you're work in this little subforum:thumbup:

I had actually made these blades in early 2014 but had not gotten around to doing anything with them until now, I finally had finished up all my hunting knife orders and and had a little time to play around with other blade designs other than drop point hunters. I also wound up getting side tracked with a class for work for about a year which didn't help much. Anyhow I made like 50-60 drop points in a row and just started getting tired of making them so that's why I'm doing all these other clip points and up swept designs lately. However after these I do want to start making some smaller and a little bit simpler design hunters to cell on the forum here.

You're right, Scott, they do have that look. Is this the bowie I heard you speak of, or are you working on a different bowie knife?

Both of those bowies have a resemblance to Randall bowies but they look kind of like the ones Behring re-handles.

Thanks Rob, I'm just finishing this one up this morning, I'll be starting on the other two knives a little later on this week and then to start on the sheaths.

IMG_0399.jpg

Last edited:
Damn Scott, that is absolutely gorgeous!

That is spectacular. 8 inch blade or 9?

Stunning work Scott, that's a beautiful piece, just beautiful:thumbup:

Real nice Scott. Really like that long clip, kinda old Sheffield lookin :thumbup::thumbup:

That came out stunning!! The photos came out nice! Can't wait for the other two!

Back