Old thread, new forum - A new place to post random ideas.

Got out to the shop and made a sheath for the brow tine hunter, still need to dye it burnish all the edges and put the snow seal on. Then on to the next one.

IMG_0403.jpg IMG_0404.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mitch, it will look a lot better when it's finished.

Beautiful leather work Scott. That is gonna be a great package overall. Jealous of the future owner!

Thanks guys, My new light box should be here in a couple days, hopefully I can get it set up and start taking some pics.

Beautiful leather work and design. Did you knap the point too or is that authentic?

Beautiful leather work and design. Did you knap the point too or is that authentic?

The stone point is a replica made of jasper cost about $2.00 to $3.00 apiece. I do have a few genuine points I plan on using and they cost about $10.00 on average, how genuine points can get very expensive very fast, so getting high quality points for less than $20.00 has been a bit of a challenge. I've seen some genuine clovis points priced at $25,000.00. Truth of the matter is the replica points look better because there made of a nicer looking stone, but the genuine points are usually knapped better, just my observation.

That looks very good in there. Couldn't tell if it was real or not. The few that I have found do not look nearly as good and the ones I've seen on gift shops looked horrible. That looks perfect.

Scott, that is pretty amazing work! :cool: Love how that turned out!!! :thumbup:

Got the sheath done last night for the brow tine hunter, my new light tent isn't working out that good for me right now so my out doors photos are still better. The wrinkles in the fabric on the roof of the tent reflect back on to the blade and don't look good, but I think the light tent idea has a lot of potential for getting the colors to stand out better. Oh well I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow.

IMG_2440.jpg IMG_2441.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mitch, out of the three I think I like this one the bast also.

What a great overall package Scott:thumbup: That sheath is beautiful.

Thanks John now I just got get my photography skills to improve.

You and me both brother, I looked into how to photograph reflective surfaces and found a few videos and most suggested using focused lights pointed at the inside of the tent to wash out anything that would reflect on the blade. Some guys were using flashlights. With your level of polish that's gotta be tough.

That's what I got out of the videos, but I don't understand "Camera Speak" so I might be way off:eek:

What a fantastic combination of beauty and function. Artwork that will outwork any of us.

Back