Old thread, new forum - A new place to post random ideas.

IMG_0613.jpg IMG_0605.jpg IMG_0606.jpg IMG_0599.jpg IMG_0600.jpg

Please disregard post, I'm just trying out the new format.

Thank you, Scott

Last edited:
One thing is kinda nice the new format can eliminate the need for photo bucket, you can upload you desk top, but may have to resize the photo prior to posting. For what it's worth photo can be exported to document down sized from full to large and posted. I'm liking this so far.:D

Last edited:
I finished these 6 drop point hunters the other day, 3 are 3 1/2" and the other 3 are 4" all are made from 5/32" thick CPM-154 heat treated by Bodycote with Cryo and double temper to 61 HRc tested. These knives all have white tail crown stag handles with a mixture of G-10, Micarta, nickel silver, brass, Mammoth ivory, Musk ox boss, and horse hide spacers. The blades have a mirror finish to them and the guards are nickel silver and silver soldered in place. I still have to make sheaths for them when I get a chance.

IMG_2067.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mitch and John, It was more difficult than i thought to get a photo with multiple knives like this and have all the blades look good at the same time. I had to hold a curved piece of white cardboard over them when I took the pic.

Speaking of crowns John this one on the 3rd knife from the left is one of the nicest looking crowns I've seen.

IMG_2057.jpg

The second knife from the left I goofed up the sequence of spacers and didn't realize it until the next day after the epoxy had already set up. The funny thing about it is I was trying to develop new spacer arrangements ideas, and this gave me some new ideas for future spacer patterns on my future knife handles.

IMG_2049.jpg

Scott, those truly are beautiful, heirloom quality tools.

20160821_064947 (2).png 20160821_064947 (1).png 20160821_064947.jpg Thanks for the kind words guys.

Note to self: When posting photos.
----------------------------------------

Use PNG for both small and medium photos.

Use JPEG for the large photos.

Can use 5x7 setting for all also.

Last edited:
Those are beautiful! i have a hard enough time concentrating on one and keeping it decent and you brought 6 to perfection. Outstanding fit and finish.

Thanks Tim, six is a little more than I like to make at one time, I try to keep them at four or less if I can. Your right it allows me to better concentrate on them.

Back