Ontario Vulpine

Has anybody tried out the Vulpine yet? Any experience / pictures would be greatly appriciated :thumbup:
The knife does not show up on Ontario's website but several online dealers have them in stock.:confused:

i came here today with the same question as i just found the vulpine on internet, i love ontario & i love skeleton knives, so a little surprised i hadn't heard of this one yet...
it's weird, the first mention i find on internet is online article in hunting mag from 1 year ago saying vulpine is new for 2015, i also find the vulpine on ontario site & it says out of stock, a few online knife retailers have them, but one of them says clearance, also no info here, so makes me wonder, did this thing just totally tank & is getting retired or what?

So, here's what's going on with the Vulpine:

We announced it early in 2015, but then came across some unexpected production problems with the new products last year. By the time we shipped it, it was just about Halloween. As you can imagine, announcing a product early and releasing it months later tends to take some of the momentum away. The Vulpine was designed with the SERE school in mind. The reason for the skeleton design was that they asked us to basically make an indestructible knife that weighed almost nothing. We'll probably be putting it into more of our advertising in the near future, because it's a great knife that we still think can do extremely well.

Thank you for the response OKC! I like the concept of a super tuff, leightweight knife very much. Would be a great knife to take on a multi-day backpacking trip. Give it to some youtube reviewers, my guess is this would make up for the momentum you lost. The concept of the knife is kind of unique (not many fixed blades of this size are skeletonized) and I guess many people would like to integrate it into their BOB system.

Thank you again,

Phil

So, here's what's going on with the Vulpine:

We announced it early in 2015, but then came across some unexpected production problems with the new products last year. By the time we shipped it, it was just about Halloween. As you can imagine, announcing a product early and releasing it months later tends to take some of the momentum away. The Vulpine was designed with the SERE school in mind. The reason for the skeleton design was that they asked us to basically make an indestructible knife that weighed almost nothing. We'll probably be putting it into more of our advertising in the near future, because it's a great knife that we still think can do extremely well.

Can definitely confirm. I've had my Vulpine for about 4 months now, and I absolutely love it. I wrapped the handle with 750 paracord in a strider knot, and it feels perfectly comfortable and handles really well. My one complaint was the sheath, but I ordered a custom leather scout-carry sheath for it, and it's working out great.

Now to find someone who does custom scales... :D

Back