Option to purchase name change with PayPal link is broken.

I created a new account with the name YSH because I don't care for my name here, unfortunately I now kind of want to keep this account as it's almost reached a year.

So I have two questions.

Can I delete my YSH account and merge the name into this one ( after payment for a name change. )

Two: Why does sparks paypal link appear to be broken, and how can I pay for a name change via PayPal? Link: http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...aid-memberships-faqs-more.494370/#post4846488

I plan to upgrade to gold through PayPal so if I could do the name change as well through PayPal that would be extremely helpful. I spent quite a bit of time here lately and I figured I might as well join officially as a paid member and see how it goes.

Edit: through a little detective work I did find a PayPal link that does work, located here http://www.bladeforums.com/help/change-name/

Spark might wants to change the former PayPal link under the membership FAQ with this one, as the former just leads to an error page.

All that's left is to see if I can get confirmation on the merge of my YSH name account or deletion of said account so I can use the name. If any " merger " occurs I do wish to keep my account history ( for example join date etc ) of this older account.

Just wanted to clear some things up, thanks for your time.

Last edited:
I believe the only way forward is to have the account I just made YSH deleted ( I've just read you cannot have two accounts anyway. )

My problem is I do not know how long after an account deletion I must wait before the name becomes available to use in a name change scenario. Will need some confirmation before I go ahead with the purchase. I appreciate your time whomever is reading this.

Long story short I just want to paid name change to YSH but keep my join date for DullKnivesCut and profile information for DullKnivesCut.

Last edited:
@Spark is the only one that can merge accounts etc.
I can ban the YSH account, but I have no idea how that will affect name changes etc.

@Spark is the only one that can merge accounts etc.
I can ban the YSH account, but I have no idea how that will affect name changes etc.

Thanks for your response I can wait to hear something from him when he's available and I guess worse case scenario say he can't unfree the name at that time we can just ban it anyway. I just was hoping to save the name. ( Or possibly get a timeframe from spark on how long until a name becomes available again after an account deletion / ban, if ever. )

Back