order status and projects

I may just call it baby red and always use red shadetree on it! No name yet, but I like the pattern. Definitely follows the fat handle philosophy.

rpn: I get you photos. and tedwca, too!

AND, a matching father/son or father/daughter set.

2010-12-27-0005.jpeg

2010-12-27-0007.jpeg

:thumbup: Great looking set! What is the wood on these?

That is walnut.

I get various cuts of English and black walnut from a gunstock maker in Northern California once a year. They are always good cuts, but you never know exactly what you'll see in the finished product. Those came out so perfect after one linseed oil soak I let them dry an extra 4 days and am finishing out with tru oil, to not change the coloration at all.

I get good walnut finishes often, but this pair is in the top two. Really nice.

I may just call it baby red and always use red shadetree on it! No name yet, but I like the pattern. Definitely follows the fat handle philosophy.

rpn: I get you photos. and tedwca, too!

Great! Can't wait to see 'em! :thumbup:

some stuff:

langseax from the buildalong thread:

2011-01-17-0001.jpeg

a big fat thick bolo, and the KG collaboration mini waki:

2011-01-17-0012.jpeg

2011-01-17-0013.jpeg

2011-01-17-0014.jpeg

and some glued up stuffs

2011-01-17-0011.jpeg

Please tell me that last photo with the handles getting glued up is for me!

the black one has been glued up, waiting for the handle finishing. The double edged bushbeater has been waiting for the glue up.

The bushbeater just doesn't seem right with bluing, but I can fix that later if needed, the balance on colors is better this way. The dirk is half the weight of the heaviest, longest boar killer I've done, and wicked fast. Be much better for its purpose this way. It's not a bushbeater, though.

The dirk is going to be sweet! Horn Dog chopped down a tree with the bolochette no problem...the dirk will be fast and tough and I'm sure!

and here's a recent PSK

153mm with a 70mm blade. "220" cord wrap, the stuff from countycomm. 15N20 steel, .115 thick, straight forge finish everywhere except the scandivex grind and some bluing on the fileing areas.

431-0001.jpeg

431-0002.jpeg

431-0007.jpeg

Yep! I emailed yesterday with the photo links for you. Sheath is being in the dehydrator after waterforming, then stitching and dying this afternoon.

The slimm finn in general is my "necker/puukko" hybrid. This specific one has a bit of a dropped edge and guard, and its broader int he blade than the norm.

The overall length is 7 inches and the blade is 3.5. The handle is compact, but usable, with the "fat handle" thing I focus on. no 1/8 inch scales with square edges!

15N20 steel, .115 thick, forge finish is unpolished on this one, and I like the near perfect black.

Sheath is... on the bench.

The slimm finn in general is my "necker/puukko" hybrid. This specific one has a bit of a dropped edge and guard, and its broader int he blade than the norm.

The overall length is 7 inches and the blade is 3.5. The handle is compact, but usable, with the "fat handle" thing I focus on. no 1/8 inch scales with square edges!

15N20 steel, .115 thick, forge finish is unpolished on this one, and I like the near perfect black.

Sheath is... on the bench.

Do you have an "in hand" shot of that one?

Back