Ordered a Ratmandu!

Glad you got it and looking forward to more photo's and updates. The handle looks tan in some photo's and brown in others?

Yes, that's my fault. I was messing with a pistol at the same time and had a bunch of CLP on my hands. That was from the oil. The handle is now a brown color.

That's a beautiful Rat and will last you many years.

And you got it in 2 weeks! :thumbup:

Gotta be honest, I didn't think they were selling stock knives on the site anymore. Don't know why I had that impression. Just went and checked, they are still offering 5 models. I have a feeling you're going to love that blade, congrats on your score! :thumbup:

I cannot believe I got it in 2 weeks to be honest. I was psyched. Plus they gave me a nice mil discount which I didn't even know was an option. I already love the blade. I don't think I am going to modify the edge profile too much because I really want to keep my focus on this blade being a monster that can handle whatever is needed. I will make sure to polish the edge up nicely though.

Couple of more natural light photos:

Already worked the edge and finish a little. Still have to finish on higher grit and then strop later:

I think that looks like a nice setup man. Congrats! Did the molleback just happen to bolt straight on?

On the sheath, here is what I have found: If you want the very best possible fit for your knife, send your actual blade to the maker. I know it's hard to send your much-anticipated knife off shortly after arriving to get this done, and that it costs more in shipping, but it also guarantees that the sheath is built to fit YOUR knife with its slight differences from what the maker might have on hand. I think you're right, and that it will wear in. Plus, it doesn't sound like you're fretting over getting it marked up :) so I bet with the slight sanding you're talking about that you'll get it just right. Anyway, congrats again, and keep us posted on the progress!

Knocks,
Thank you. The Molle Back did not bolt straight on without a little manipulation. I had to put all the screws in loosely one by one, squeezing and manipulating the molle back in the process. Once all 4 were started I alternated tightening them down until snug.

You're right marks do not bother me at all. I use the crap out of my knives. Not always because they are needed, but just because I like knives and like to stay busy. If I'm sitting for more than a hot minute around a piece of wood, I'm cutting it with my knife hahaha.

Thanks Cryptyc for all the news on your knife.I'm still waiting on my shipping notice , should be soon.

skyhorse,
I bet you'll hear any day now. If they charged your account, their website says it'll be 7-14 days from then.

Knocks,
True story. I even put sticks (ones i think will be fun to widdle with) in the bussle rack on the tank when at drill. When we are done PMCS-ing the tanks and are sitting around the motor pool, I grab a stick and widdle hahahaha. Usually they end up turning into small spears and the sh*t show starts, but it's good times. Gotta keep busy and knives are fun.

Already worked the edge and finish a little. Still have to finish on higher grit and then strop later:

Great pic, congrats!

Fwiw I reprofiled both my RMD LE and JMD to 15° per side and they've held up just fine, but I do always roll with the stock geometry for a while on new knives before I tweak them.

Inky,
Thank you for the kind words. Yeah I cleaned up the edge and polished it up. Smoothed out the high points on the finish and cut some vegetables tonight lol. I'll mess with some wood cutting tomorrow. I'm like you, I keep it stock geometry (minus convexing the edge) for a while until I know how the blade likes to cut and behave. This one has a super thick bevel but I want it to remain uber tough so I may not mess with it any further if it performs well for me on actual tasks.

Love the set up with the ESEE molle back...I think it's very versatile. :thumbup:

Thank you rpn. My other sheath is supposed to be here tomorrow. I also did work on the edge tonigh and really polished it up with a nice convex. Arm hair shaving sharp! Woot!

Does anybody have a recent wait time for a non-military/LEO order? I'm going on 3 weeks and per the website will probably have to wait a lot longer.

Knives are made per order and shipped in 6-32 weeks. From web site. Could be wrong but I think this is for all orders. I believe my order was 2/24 , so not even a month yet. Lol,I remember ordering a Randall back in the day and waiting almost a year. Nowadays their wait time is 5 to 6 years.:eek: Can't order another Randell, may be residing in the spirit world upon delivery.;) Where you log in to your account they have info on your order progress.

Last edited:
I asked because Cryptyc got his in 2 weeks and he was Military. So I assumed they must do something different for Military/LEO.

I asked because Cryptyc got his in 2 weeks and he was Military. So I assumed they must do something different for Military/LEO.

It's more about what's cooking in the shop, than who ordered it (aside from big orders like a military unit or a corporate client) from my understanding. That and the blanks waiting to be ground & heat treated. Another factor might be cancelled orders too.

Hey guys, this section gunnery is hell!!! Hahaha. My god it's been freezing out here. Nice warm tent right now though. I'm not sure why I got mine so damn fast, I don't think they fill military orders first but 2 weeks was amazingly quick. I'll post updated pics of my knife and other sheath when I'm home next week.

Skyhorse,
Wonderful start, be careful the swamp is known to suck people in but we have plenty of room for you! But all jokes aside welcome to the family! :)
Thanks , I've been thinking about getting one for years.

Hey guys, this section gunnery is hell!!! Hahaha. My god it's been freezing out here. Nice warm tent right now though. I'm not sure why I got mine so damn fast, I don't think they fill military orders first but 2 weeks was amazingly quick. I'll post updated pics of my knife and other sheath when I'm home next week.
I went ahead and ordered a Mashed Cat yesterday. Lol, I can remember back in the day setting the half tents up and us all waking up in the mud .

Back