Ordered a Ratmandu!

If you are not happy with the edge you can always contact the Swamp and they will get it where you want it. They are not a fire and forget company.

I have never owned a SR101 steel knife before the ratmandu and I am very impressed with the edge it takes. Skyhorse you are going to be stoked when you sharpen that bad boy up. Work some course stones and you'll set your bevels in no time, then polish that apex and you'll be loving it. I don't think it will take you long, certainly not worth sending it back for a resharpening in my opinion.

Well jeeze, it's about time. Waiting me a wait a whole business week is just irresponsible of you!

Nice looking combo of the brown and tan. I dig it. The edge looks nice and defined in those pics.

I've never been to Ft. Bliss. I have a couple battles out there and they like it pretty well. What is your MOS skyhorse? You tanker or infantryman like me (my current primary is 19k, my secondary is 11b and was in an infantry unit for a while)?

^Good movie right there!!

I'm not military, but much of my family is. I appreciate you guys no end.

The fit is absolutely spot on, no shaking, rattle or blade rub. I also purchased a G clip from him that comes with mounting hardware

Mashed Cat is also what I have for my Swatmandu. Great sheaths!

Last edited:
Well I wonder what is up with mine then....hmmm. It is definitely a one hand draw now but that's only because I've worn a lot of paint off. Maybe my coating was thicker than others.

Well I wonder what is up with mine then....hmmm. It is definitely a one hand draw now but that's only because I've worn a lot of paint off. Maybe my coating was thicker than others.
I'm seriously considering striping my blade coating off and doing some inlays in the handle.

I think stripping the paint would be a great idea. Used mine heavily again to process wood, didn't need to but wanted to. What's impressive is that it can still shave hair (with effort). It's awesome. I really like the SR101.

I think stripping the paint would be a great idea. Used mine heavily again to process wood, didn't need to but wanted to. What's impressive is that it can still shave hair (with effort). It's awesome. I really like the SR101.
I really like the steel also, great feedback on the stone. Haven't cut anything tough yet with mine but it feels like a real go getter. :D

Back