Osprey K/T Collections

0Ro84Q98K31HxCpmMFt_ZIwTCu_TnkNb_iDPqar9LXezw8tNRT3moUQ9xgg7x1KICVGG9M0g3tdUWBLI-KscnqY783I53hCZLm_iyYQzOa2kdUBga4F7f9yrOJE11_iMjK9rCF6DgTk9UfPBf7mGsus3dhYldBMJAixem1rRrIJOXQkTqZhS7WOkGwU8nBDo4bijHvLfjx6aYxSU5sVSshTzkbdNREQdPENF3F8l6iY6tnuA4BYYkscVtdkKfLhcuuGJfAiYduD_h8wUmmk9gAIboXFdbcowflLdOt6YC7dTHIl6UK509ccSh-at1vDVWdPzV3Scb037O5iBja3FgvU-uVcywM9Bc7zdUE6FCnHVQ_c9zTNjkEOUFmpbh0H3F6dhaGbAmjm6DlIQeEavP4Y1t0aMtnXJGLb3yiyhUfUKhq0BCyfQbdiC-5XqsHcu4navsiHaILy1TKNrc_tnliIaTx_qwYcv6RccQzabWlQhlVxBSchiZMC3fy3Pb8Au9fqKGebSpSrGLS6YRqEC-fGL-0nEg__pExIQUKoeeSF6j0OTnFQoD4aIqX8HwBvmJTSzEa9EXDJ3CIq3MxEZJ6sCpMRDv30D9GCMOWPwYkCbg1b4=w706-h945-no

R8ztra4d76ZuXI_A2yvimvkQ8bZ_L_myIOteuefPyxbboit3pBFVpH1MYvBQG5ox2CcljJ_kJRKCLOdgqt6vyUIS0W5YFWsWH-6mC4KlnPn_vk8bRaCpss7qCYAmBBXbRgyyCTchQ-ZvgEYJ5-nFcd-tq2mhbPjwUJjZLrg9dwW_WeufD3aF-WXUsg18Rvf4-mrVd99hXBxebACA5jyuA43ktwsRu8fhT6z8mKIyW4wSYpQGIpg-RfJXwi0UUk-n1RzWQC-8NpxRMJJ2Nq21P2XGQYv_k9jSOgaVKfSGPFUWKrEDVTW3LtpLG4CqUeV_Kt6zvsLLS64_Nb3nO8fJDzNUlwOhFwRRStrz8J_7XzIbzfIVUq9SD5yLUsm8HrUIhmMqixQvRhU5EqTZnpdFhC2inuG8WaGNTlZAtulAQwcqhuO6iqGq0kNdFtTkvh03R3ygzDD_dFy5wANgxYWSbwQUSU7lkcJubDEtx_7Fxv0c5lX3mXfHGehxWnIsADGCUIQDeABf2ZnOTIsFbechWzblUZIs7uU0bdKwwP1SYDHL68hB5DpX0anXy7pVxfJnvyG7WRJmvUzNI9cVYYR0B06icKtIY5Qcmw5xoHPbJhUadUIP=w1024-h586-no

We have very similar taste in knives and guns, I could see myself having all of these in my personal collection thank you for sharing!!

Well, I spent some time taking Osprey pics this afternoon and thought I'd share at least a group shot for now.

OKTs20170308-vi.jpg

That is quite the collection Jerry. Nice job on the photo lay-out. The difficulty of capturing a good group photo seems to get geometrically more difficult as your collection grows past a certain size. Well done.

Which knive(s) or model(s) are your current favorites? Which model(s) do you still have on your wish list to fill out the collection?

Thanks for sharing the photo.

Phil

That is quite the collection Jerry. Nice job on the photo lay-out. The difficulty of capturing a good group photo seems to get geometrically more difficult as your collection grows past a certain size. Well done.

Which knive(s) or model(s) are your current favorites? Which model(s) do you still have on your wish list to fill out the collection?

Thanks for sharing the photo.

Phil

Hey Phil,

Thanks for the kudos on the picture. They do seem to get unwieldy after a certain number. I did have these laid out in two columns and grouped by model but it just wasn't happening. I had to get out my homemade "photo box / octagon" for better lighting and then had to get creative fitting them all in that area and where they'd fit in the lens area. It didn't turn out too bad considering.

Regarding the questions on favorites, models, future OKTs, etc. ... I've got plans to do a type of narrative on the items in my current collection, what my personal pros/cons are per piece and that should end up with what attributes I'm looking for in future pieces. I'll need some time to put these thoughts together.

Thanks,
Jerry

Awesome photo Jerry and what an amazing set of OKTs. The little black on orange EDU stands out the most to me but I am liking the black commando models you have.

Well, I spent some time taking Osprey pics this afternoon and thought I'd share at least a group shot for now.

OKTs20170308-vi.jpg

Very nice photo layout Jerry. The more I stared at it the more it started to remind me of an ultimate challenge slalom course. Better not wipe out on any of these turns :eek:. Seriously, you've done good with your collection. That CF Field hand with the blue pinstripe caught me eye.

Peter

OKTs20170308-vi.jpg

I am loving these group shots, very nicely laid out and executed! Thank you for sharing this with us Jerry. I save the majority of these pictures you guys take. I like to flip through and admire all of these amazing photo's

Well, I guess I sort of have a collection going now...
33219861941_070a383f2d_k.jpg
[/url]IMG_7261 by adam klagsbrun, on Flickr[/IMG]

I would say that qualifies as a collection, I pretty nice start if I might say. I particulry like the red kydex sheath that adds a nice flare to the Mamushi, those pants would look good on a Ruby Red Raptor! I'm just sayin:thumbup::D

I am loving these group shots, very nicely laid out and executed! Thank you for sharing this with us Jerry. I save the majority of these pictures you guys take. I like to flip through and admire all of these amazing photo's

Hey Chris,

If you want to see something funny, here's how crammed things were in my light box (octagon). This isn't the pic I took it from but was similar. Had to get creative with the editing. :D

RoughPic-vi.jpg

Hey Chris,

If you want to see something funny, here's how crammed things were in my light box (octagon). This isn't the pic I took it from but was similar. Had to get creative with the editing. :D

RoughPic-vi.jpg

That's actually very interesting, I take all my photographs in natural lighting, without a tripod or any light shade, I have played with some small photo booths but never liked the quality of the light. You seem to have made your own sort of photo booth where you can view overhead, instead of the in the side view. I am liking the way you think and the photograph turned out great too!

Here are a couple photos of my collection. It's smaller than some of the ones photographed here, but it's got a couple of Chris's early knives in it.

From left to right here:

1. A very early Warthog in O1
2. The first Raptor Chris sold O1
3. A Warthog in O1 with 1/4" pins
4. A Trailhand from back before they were called Trailhands. Notice the squared end of the handle and the slightly different blade shape. (This is one of my favorite knives.)
5. The first EDU that Chris sold. I love the slate blue G10.

R0014848_zpsrpqhfy4e.jpg

R0014850_zpsas78w7bh.jpg

R0014849_zpsilwg60un.jpg

^^Very nice collection Dave! I appreciate the historical perspective you provided about Chris' knives. I like the look of the high grinds on most of those. I'll bet they are great slicers.

Thanks for sharing these photos.

Phil

^^Very nice collection Dave! I appreciate the historical perspective you provided about Chris' knives. I like the look of the high grinds on most of those. I'll bet they are great slicers.

Thanks for sharing these photos.

Phil

Thanks, Phil.

You know, the only two of these that I've actually used are the old Warthog and the Trailhand. The other three I've kept in new condition mostly for the purposes of collecting.

The Trailhand is one of my most used knives though, and it is a hell of a slicer. I need to get some nice kydex for it though.

Here are a couple photos of my collection. It's smaller than some of the ones photographed here, but it's got a couple of Chris's early knives in it.

From left to right here:

4. A Trailhand from back before they were called Trailhands. Notice the squared end of the handle and the slightly different blade shape. (This is one of my favorite knives.)

R0014848_zpsrpqhfy4e.jpg

R0014850_zpsas78w7bh.jpg

R0014849_zpsilwg60un.jpg

Great collection David! A Lot of these I have not seen in quite awhile, most if not all of these knives were made my first year in business, it is neat and interesting how the patterns and my craft has evolved over such a short period of time. Thanks for sharing with us David, I really enjoyed the surprise of seeing these older beauties again!

Last edited:
I detest lime liners but I am in love with your Warthog and would be happy if it, lime and all, was in the mix here. Such a sweet high grind and the 1/4 pins really set off the wenge.

Some great OKT history in there, with the early O1 steel and wood handles. I like it all. I really need to get a Trailhand in these hands.

That's actually very interesting, I take all my photographs in natural lighting, without a tripod or any light shade, I have played with some small photo booths but never liked the quality of the light. You seem to have made your own sort of photo booth where you can view overhead, instead of the in the side view. I am liking the way you think and the photograph turned out great too!

Hey Chris,

Just reviewing this thread and noticed I forgot to reply to this one.

Given this setup, I usually can't use a tripod either. I'm still learning the camera and settings and techniques so my current approach is to take a ton of pics and hope to get lucky on a few. :)

As for lighting, it seems like I get better results if I can take this contraption outside to use natural sun light. On this day, it happened to be raining so I went with the indoor option on the pool table and using the cheap clamp-on heat lamp deals with the aluminum reflectors and 100w bulbs in each. I think I might need to scale down to 75w bulbs though. If anyone can chime in here; Do any particular types of bulbs and/or wattage seem to work best for this type of photography?

Thanks
Jerry

From left to right here:

Hey Dave,

Viewing this on the phone over the weekend didn't do the knives as much justice as a nice big monitor so I thought I'd wait. That is a nice set of knives ya got there and I also appreciate the history. I recently bought a knife from the forum that happened to be the first one Chris ever sold so this is kind of cool to see also.

Thanks for sharing!
Jerry

Great collection David! A Lot of these I have not seen in quite awhile, most if not all of these knives were made my first year in business, it is neat and interesting how the patterns and my craft has evolved over such a short period of time. Thanks for sharing with us David, I really enjoyed the surprise of seeing these older beauties again!

Thanks Chris.

Have the Raptor or EDU profiles been changed up since I bought mine? Just curious.

I detest lime liners but I am in love with your Warthog and would be happy if it, lime and all, was in the mix here. Such a sweet high grind and the 1/4 pins really set off the wenge.

Some great OKT history in there, with the early O1 steel and wood handles. I like it all. I really need to get a Trailhand in these hands.

I'm not normally big on green liners easy, but this Warthog just really caught my eye. I still like it a lot to this day.

Glad you liked the photos!

Back