Osprey K/T Sales Mung Thread

I LOVE the look of that EDU's colors and that's really sharp! But I'm just not sure about the tip/front end of that model.
I really want check one out some time.
It seems like one of those things that you would have to get in hand and use to figure out.

It seems like one of those things that you would have to get in hand and use to figure out.

Agreed! I've wanted to get for a while, but I'm more interested in a scandi ground one for whatever reason. I think Chris has done one or two scandis and they look really good.

Agreed! I've wanted to get for a while, but I'm more interested in a scandi ground one for whatever reason. I think Chris has done one or two scandis and they look really good.
That would be interesting. I can't say it's something that I would buy. But it is something I wouldn't mind giving a test drive!

I'll weigh in...I'm for what ever works for Chris: Meaning, that he can make knives at his own pace and have ample time to create and experiment with new tools and metals and post sales at his pace is.... OK by me...I learned a long time ago never rush a craftsman! When I used to do custom painting on cars and motorcycles I told people 2 things "I'm slow but I'm good"!

I have done one Scandi EDU and maybe 2 or 3 scandis total I believe
I have your Scandi EDU sitting at my desk heat treated and ready for a handle, send me a PM so we can get back up to speed

I was just thinking the Tusk is the same size and is an alternative to the Pipsqueak.

Thats a good point, never looked at it that way

I know Orange isn't for everyone, but that EDU looks sharp.

Tahnks Danny, maybe you could give these guys a few reasons why you like your EDU. I think you and the Guy with combat beads are the most active users online of this knife. I would appreciate your input, especially the topic surrounding the point which I think I remember you like about it.

I LOVE the look of that EDU's colors and that's really sharp! But I'm just not sure about the tip/front end of that model.

CHeck with Daniel, (FeralGentlaman) he would be able to give you a good user base knowledge of the knife. I would be hope to answering you questions about the point as well. As un aesthetically pleasing as the tip may be for some, it has a very distinct and useful purpose. I have and EDU I messed the grinds up on around the shop and find the tip to be very useful.

Agreed! The last three, now two left, knives were my favorite of the batch.

which is your favorite of the tow?

I hope to do a pass around of a few models in the future!

That would be interesting. I can't say it's something that I would buy. But it is something I wouldn't mind giving a test drive!

I will have to seriously consider a pass around.

I'll weigh in...I'm for what ever works for Chris: Meaning, that he can make knives at his own pace and have ample time to create and experiment with new tools and metals and post sales at his pace is.... OK by me...I learned a long time ago never rush a craftsman! When I used to do custom painting on cars and motorcycles I told people 2 things "I'm slow but I'm good"!

I appreciate it Douglas! I really do like taking my time and putting individual attention on each and every knife I make. It is nice to know that there are individuals out there that can relate through there own experiences. Thanks for sharing you thoughts on the matter.

I'll second that. [emoji106]

Hey, Chris.
For future reference, what are your feelings regarding mung posts in your sales threads?

Hey, Chris.
For future reference, what are your feelings regarding mung posts in your sales threads?

Hmm that's a tough one cause I don't want to discourage anyone commenting, I like reading people's comments and it keeps my sales thread bumped to the top the more post there are, I also like reading the compliments in the sales thread where I feel they belong. But there is the downside of having to scroll through multiple comments to get pertinent information to a sale,.

I would say for now comment and compliments that don't require a reply or illicit unwanted replies are exceptable and encouraged in the sales thread, If you would like to carry on a dialogue or ask as question or even make a comment to encourage dialogue, those should be reserved for the Mung thread.

PM on the way Chris! My favorite of the two between the EDU and Tusk... hmmm that's tough. I'd probably go with the Tusk actually. Hard to say though! I liked them both.

I would also be into doing some testing via pass arounds! :thumbup:

PM on the way Chris! My favorite of the two between the EDU and Tusk... hmmm that's tough. I'd probably go with the Tusk actually. Hard to say though! I liked them both.

I would also be into doing some testing via pass arounds! :thumbup:

Yeah, that Tusk looks pretty usable. My most used blades are of similar size. Not much bushcrafting in the Texas hill country, that's another story. I know I'm preaching to the choir here , Smaller blades in this configuration are my go to blades for processing deer and feral hog etc. I'll definitely be snagging one of these in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that Tusk looks pretty usable. My most used blades are of similar size. Not much bushcrafting in the Texas hill country, that's another story. I know I'm preaching to the choir here , Smaller blades in this configuration are my go to blades for processing deer and feral hog etc. I'll definitely be snagging one of these in the future.

Definitely!! I was thinking the Tusk would make a great skinning knife.

Definitely!! I was thinking the Tusk would make a great skinning knife.

8fcb397a8ae271ea44c34e592d8514ff.jpg

Best I can tell the Tusk is similar to the top one made by David Boye for me in 1982 lots of skinning with this one. So yeah a Tusk is now on my radar !

Osprey Knife & Tool said:
Lol, Thanks Jerry you are quite the comedian. I have never heard of that particular blade I will have to check it out. Please share your thoughts with us when you get it. I will get it in the mail tomorrow with the rest of them.

I don't think I'm all that funny but I try. Its usually dry humor and with a straight poker face so that in person, folks usually aren't sure if I'm being serious or joking .. and that's fun in itself. :) If communication is with folks over the phone, email or internet, I usually hold the humor back until we know each other and ease folks into it.

It was actually a Brous Silent Solder Ranger v1 that I was thinking about. Its a handy blade and the holes are just big enough for my fingers to fit in. Jason has another similar knife and the holes are too small for me. Besides that, I like the shape/length of the Ranger a lot more. The V1 is discontinued, I haven't tried the V2 but I don't think I like the guard on the V2. They come in black also but the only black finish knife I'd buy any more would be a Spyderco with their DLC coating. All other black finishes just don't seem to hold up so I'd rather go stonewash / satin.

I'm looking forward to giving the EDU a try and will report back my findings ... or go the lazy route and send it to Sarah or maybe Phil (Comp) them to review. ;) It's actually been fun having other folks review my knifes and get different perspectives than my own on them. This is going to be an EPIC mail call with the EDU and the Carbon Fiber K Apache and the Carbon Fiber K Mamushi. The suspense is killing me. Are they here yet, are they here yet, ... ?

Here's what Brouse SS Rangers look like:
SSRangersV1V2-vi.jpg

~ Jerry

I don't think I'm all that funny but I try. Its usually dry humor and with a straight poker face so that in person, folks usually aren't sure if I'm being serious or joking .. and that's fun in itself. :) If communication is with folks over the phone, email or internet, I usually hold the humor back until we know each other and ease folks into it.

It was actually a Brous Silent Solder Ranger v1 that I was thinking about. Its a handy blade and the holes are just big enough for my fingers to fit in. Jason has another similar knife and the holes are too small for me. Besides that, I like the shape/length of the Ranger a lot more. The V1 is discontinued, I haven't tried the V2 but I don't think I like the guard on the V2. They come in black also but the only black finish knife I'd buy any more would be a Spyderco with their DLC coating. All other black finishes just don't seem to hold up so I'd rather go stonewash / satin.

I'm looking forward to giving the EDU a try and will report back my findings ... or go the lazy route and send it to Sarah or maybe Phil (Comp) them to review. ;) It's actually been fun having other folks review my knifes and get different perspectives than my own on them. This is going to be an EPIC mail call with the EDU and the Carbon Fiber K Apache and the Carbon Fiber K Mamushi. The suspense is killing me. Are they here yet, are they here yet, ... ?

Here's what Brouse SS Rangers look like:
SSRangersV1V2-vi.jpg

~ Jerry

That is very intriguing, I have never seen this design before. Thank you for sharing. I will look forward to hearing your thoughts on the EDU.

Back