Osprey K/T Sheath Thread

Warrior108

Platinum Member
We don't have one yet so I'll start this thread dedicated to Osprey K/T Sheaths

Thread purposes and suggestions:
  • Please post up your pics of your Osprey K/T knives in sheaths or along side them. If you could, please add a note with knife model and sheath maker/source and model.
  • Place to ask and answer questions about fit/function.
  • Place to do reviews.
  • I'll post a placeholder Post #2 for a list of models and sheaths that work per model and will try to keep it updated.

Note: I have a good number of mine loaned out right now but I'll be contributing as soon as I'm able.

Thanks!

Format if you could include these details when posting.

OKT Model & Variant:
Sheath Maker & Model:
Sheath Maker Source/Contact info:
Miscellaneous Notes:

1adb60427b2a1a7e281f226f33f7889d.jpg

Edu natural canvas commando w/ jou fuu pocket slip. No clip brown w/ green stitching. Sorry for poor pic. Will get a better one later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great. I am looking for a sheath for the unnamed ones I got last week.

I have a strong preference for kydex sheaths as they work better in wet conditions.

Here's my OKT in kydex sheaths

32302398742_2369a462b9_b.jpg

OKT Model & Variant: Ranger
Sheath Maker & Model: Mashed Cat Outfitters kydex sheath with drop loop
Sheath Maker Source/Contact info: http://www.mashedcat.com

Eric Lind from Mashed Cat Outfitters is my goto guy for my kydex sheaths. The fit and finish of his work is one of the best out there. The blade always locks with an assuring click. Once locked in, it stays firmly in it with no rattle. You can't go wrong with Eric if you need a kydex sheath.

Don

This is great. I am looking for a sheath for the unnamed ones I got last week.

Your Unnamed scores from sale thread 1/17/17:
One Off #1
3/32" (.102") CPM154 Tapered Tang Charcoal Grey G10 over Grey G10 w/ White Accent liners and Pins (Sandblasted)
OAL 6 1/2'' Blade 3 1/4''

One Off #2
3/32" (.099") CPM154 Tapered Tang Double Black G10 (Sandblasted)
OAL 7 7/8" Blade 3 5/8''

My Unnamed Prototype (that I still fondly refer to as The Intimidator) from sale thread 12/8/16
Unnamed Prototype-
1/8" (.139) CPM154 Tapered Tang Commando Double Black Canvas Micarta (Sandblasted) *Swedge Unsharpened
OAL 8" Blade 3 3/4"

I'm pretty sure your One Off #2 would come close to my Unnamed Prototype/Intimidator where a sheath was concerned. I'm not sure how your One Off #1 and One Off #2 compare next to each other.

To add another model to the mix, here are the specs for my Mamushi from the 1/17/17 sale:
Mamushi- (Guardless Variant)
3/32" (.099") CPM154 Tapered Tang LVA Carbon Fiber over Black w/ White accent liners
OAL 8” Blade 3 7/8”

Below are pics of my Mamushi and Intimidator with a JouFuu HB-2 Ambidextrous belt sheath. It is Cordovan with black stitching. If you want one of Bud's sheaths, you can check his site and/or post a request in his Blade Forums sub forum Build Board, he usually responds pretty quickly and usually within a few days to a week, they'll show up on his website joufuu.com but you have to watch that site and grab them. If you want more sheath coverage, the next size up is a HB-3 or HB-3 Extended. His 4"er sheath model would be too tall.

HB2wMamushiandIntimidator-vi.jpg

I'm pretty sure your One Off #2 would come close to my Unnamed Prototype/Intimidator where a sheath was concerned. I'm not sure how your One Off #1 and One Off #2 compare next to each other.

To add another model to the mix, here are the specs for my Mamushi from the 1/17/17 sale:
Mamushi- (Guardless Variant)
3/32" (.099") CPM154 Tapered Tang LVA Carbon Fiber over Black w/ White accent liners
OAL 8” Blade 3 7/8”

Below are pics of my Mamushi and Intimidator with a JouFuu HB-2 Ambidextrous belt sheath. It is Cordovan with black stitching. If you want one of Bud's sheaths, you can check his site and/or post a request in his Blade Forums sub forum Build Board, he usually responds pretty quickly and usually within a few days to a week, they'll show up on his website joufuu.com but you have to watch that site and grab them. If you want more sheath coverage, the next size up is a HB-3 or HB-3 Extended. His 4"er sheath model would be too tall.

Jerry,

Thank you. I will have to check that out. I just order a few from him.

Thanks

Mike

Mamushi - 1/8" CPM154 Tapered Tang with a JouFuu HB-3/ISP in Black on Black and a shorty clip.

JzWedPY5_8Pjas5kKDfoR-kyuWRWeff1MTRkvlUczKH-wRRNqTYUkaefGnvSVCsbdpt0Lwlqde4olCKrO-KMdeCB_GrenP8GmdW68-mVbPl-2BE-c3fow_jL3xSV2mUKniEda-oLxcUrusj5cArN5EU2jmwgN1dbXWEXIXxeGzAfKpVAU9G2yePIJ4gBVSY3MCGSpycvTcwZ7LpJHu8XAfsq0PuE-gAuqW2k9E7EFx1KVwMinJ12NxY9nSF0qJYIBvlXA_MBDtcLUt7PTRu1dZWlLvEPHSg6cn4YNj40h6qBkNmHZaqBUYCHFxkf0tW-FJtOT3lnRlSzpBtghtaWqD3g44MRwyfeHDWwDrGFGstzIppA5FvbeqohCiRfCHli6bift41s-pWjsn0pYeiPPddN8kAsI51eJ77GkU90_ijTs8M4Nftbj4-pUyKxD-ST3cfT8lbrMr96PA2iGGwYl_UFJ76Vh5T2fd7KumTXTuxepPaLMERmoTI-L-7XgmK84U893DG6iM1L2R1i-8k5o6y2oty4Xm-_Be17YuQnesfFqz2E67HU7XVV2x5PRQ0ORbMpRbLqiWI1NpT9WVNJXKd8MgbxA3DpsXPzYQpOTmtqFpeLCZtc=w800-h570-no

DO6s6kt2AeXIuPdU2cmhFfnaPXfwlqgsVlvlIbrB5pwdR-AT-Maj_Qjr8Yuuu5yR1W6ggBnz9umDPbSNQ_ojKKzx0X8E5r81xuwx-3f2FYAbbwTBhrwFh0RSjQK3iBDbDrI44azKgeUqJ7T0hXAtYqfkklkDQsBYpsM1Zt0dJPvF9W_8VGrwbHGJl7bwGthH_iYB-0MCfQztktDjvYD1BRrTLozd6z24xpYrRz3lj79gDHBlvzP7pBk9Qga6xGWDCku46FyMMQVGHfHfT_5eQR3Dq3uhlcM72u6UDaQaQPMkVnOLM4j7zVDXbCWi1KKfsGCSp-4dY4XZzpi5bxW-gvwT_TDZHGGsteLXjk6w4-eQB1aDlIf6OviG4sLyIy6ErwjtOeYjvGms0ChQTe_jcNXfzT8iwMT4lanfCbMoSyxJRfNFdVQ0JW5lj46_Y1ac_5coHUVQ34o3hiaX1hGeuQ3U1T2aDalFSiyGxkEVUqMPGKzQNggbqFefM7MTwHED4VXYOMkzflL43pqjW9a79wZFkdTgtj0OfAgKeZzWiv0aQp0gYApGwxL2wCXPnCqoq8mOoTjh5aGopdehKBegv9Ad1AoAA_pUyFlQeMXsthyUqZRsXsJc=w800-h589-no

fbibbrrKyetJ5B62jK3a9LzC8KDaiOGhihnFfy7_0v68OKlMj3Mw5BjBYyfgQLZ2he0xohnvkaEfO5up-fLjnAuLSQ3Vy4US4npwJxZvy1F0VFR3j2Fpv249kxvRvwZVM3d8DCm3Pm5JobhXdsVJ5lSksEnmJd2iLgzvszUcGGQRBN8CskcZ-LaI2YM257z-TVqNZpkZga5BDTSwG79GqiXDT-VhEwf37aYLdn2c44lSqm97j0tJShc6kuUsqXLs617zmhFgVQ7stB8lf9BprmRKKPzY9OzPUCOx3xw4rwh9vk91g2dxUMVSQcGBrR0g9uI2kmnpas5TOxVoTjFQB279MLts23OqEd_XN7BNedmz232DhpwwATCy3T7cabadHWt3GESqtRgD3KYF5NTUl8wxCHep2uDGmtCbOg9QyZP-1lw2ieb4cjlDs7MhED3tCxULVFeXn3peR3ULD9HxjLJ3YTH70kaoATSTIVvFCKRhOchJFEm9n9ZR-tprIp7Rd0guHpUarkHrHHOxkA5oExjpnhFv-qnxOOHEWQZ-Lta7y_HxEWSEv1Qr5uQulIQk4WZ-VF9rAKbSDUv9TZYDm0CvxHNAFxHzK8Na0KzZ5FsTF0RnWYei=w1518-h945-no

Osprey Knife & Tool EDU with a JouFuu Crossdraw sheath that just arrived today. Took some quick pics as I was losing the Sun and got a couple dirt smudges on either the knife or sheath in a couple of the pics. Did no editing to these pics except cropping and am happy how they turned out. Really like how much the orange pops on both of them and well they match!

OKTEDUandJouFuuCrossdraw1-vi.jpg

OKTEDUandJouFuuCrossdraw3-vi.jpg

OKTEDUandJouFuuCrossdraw2-vi.jpg

I have a strong preference for kydex sheaths as they work better in wet conditions.

Here's my OKT in kydex sheaths

32302398742_2369a462b9_b.jpg

OKT Model & Variant: Ranger
Sheath Maker & Model: Mashed Cat Outfitters kydex sheath with drop loop
Sheath Maker Source/Contact info: http://www.mashedcat.com

Eric Lind from Mashed Cat Outfitters is my goto guy for my kydex sheaths. The fit and finish of his work is one of the best out there. The blade always locks with an assuring click. Once locked in, it stays firmly in it with no rattle. You can't go wrong with Eric if you need a kydex sheath.

Don

Those sheaths look great, I just sent a knife out to another sheath maker for my Mamushi, but I think I'll send my Warthog to Eric... will email him today. Thanks for posting this. I particularly like the drainage channel at the bottom... pretty ideal.

Osprey Knife & Tool EDU with a JouFuu Crossdraw sheath that just arrived today. Took some quick pics as I was losing the Sun and got a couple dirt smudges on either the knife or sheath in a couple of the pics. Did no editing to these pics except cropping and am happy how they turned out. Really like how much the orange pops on both of them and well they match!

OKTEDUandJouFuuCrossdraw1-vi.jpg

OKTEDUandJouFuuCrossdraw3-vi.jpg

OKTEDUandJouFuuCrossdraw2-vi.jpg

Looking good! How you liking the EDU so far?

Well, I've suddenly found myself to be the proud owner of a an Osprey K&T Raptor. I don't think its going to fit in any of the sheaths I have already... can anyone comment on or post photos of a good sheath they like for their Raptor please?

Well, I've suddenly found myself to be the proud owner of a an Osprey K&T Raptor. I don't think its going to fit in any of the sheaths I have already... can anyone comment on or post photos of a good sheath they like for their Raptor please?

Doh! Too bad she's been shipped off already. :) Congrats!!

Here are some pics of your Raptor in a JouFuu HB-2 Extended, Ambidextrous carry, Vertical/Horizontal belt loop. If I still had it, I could try it in a regular HB-2 (that isn't extended) to see how that would work. This should give you a good idea though. Because of the blade curve and SUPER pointy tip, you have to be careful when inserting into the sheath.

Hopefully others can offer other pics and options too. Btw, I'm on a Red / Ruby Shadetree kick lately and will be using Mr Deadpool going forward.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1349661-Joufuu-Sheath-owner-s-pics!?p=16629180#post16629180

Doh! Too bad she's been shipped off already. :) Congrats!!

Here are some pics of your Raptor in a JouFuu HB-2 Extended, Ambidextrous carry, Vertical/Horizontal belt loop. If I still had it, I could try it in a regular HB-2 (that isn't extended) to see how that would work. This should give you a good idea though. Because of the blade curve and SUPER pointy tip, you have to be careful when inserting into the sheath.

Hopefully others can offer other pics and options too. Btw, I'm on a Red / Ruby Shadetree kick lately and will be using Mr Deadpool going forward.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1349661-Joufuu-Sheath-owner-s-pics!?p=16629180#post16629180

Great, thanks for the photos & info. Looks good. I'm considering kevlar too so I can strap it to a pack or use a belt clip.

Hey, Warrior108, any chance you can take a photo of that EDU/Jofuu rig on your belt? I might like to get a sheath like that for my EDU.

Hey, Warrior108, any chance you can take a photo of that EDU/Jofuu rig on your belt? I might like to get a sheath like that for my EDU.
Sure, but it might not be until tomorrow, depending when I get back home. I've been experimenting with different places on the belt too so I'll try to include a pic for each of the 3 places and my personal pros/cons.

Sure, but it might not be until tomorrow, depending when I get back home. I've been experimenting with different places on the belt too so I'll try to include a pic for each of the 3 places and my personal pros/cons.

Thanks. That sounds great. And no rush!

I bought my original Raptor for bird & trout type outdoor activities where I expected wet, slimy, and/or dirty conditions. I decided that kydex would best compliment the stainless & synthetic knife for these conditions.
After doing a little research and some e-mail conversations, I decided to send my Raptor and a Fiddleback Bourbon Street Skinner to David Brown at “Buy Brown Industries.” I chose the fold-over taco style because I wanted to keep the size to a minimum. I specified Tek-Loks for ease of on & off attachment.

The build quality of these sheaths is excellent. When I first received them, I thought maybe they were too tight. They are not. After mostly using leather for a long time, I was not used to the motion and snap of the kydex releasing. The slight flare out on the top of the handle gives a nice push off point for your thumb.

The sheaths are well designed in that there is adequate clearance on the sides of the blade to prevent scratching of the blade from a little debris or the finish of the kydex itself. Think about it. A properly designed kydex sheath only needs to fit tightly at the blade tip and the front of the handle to lock in the knife securely. The rest of the sheath is just there to protect you from the edge and the knife from the elements. David Brown does a nice job of masking the blade to provide adequate clearance on the finished sheath. I have drawn and re-sheathed both knives dozens of times each and there is no hint of schatching.

The only “improvement” I made for my liking was to further polish the radii at the mouths of the sheaths with fine & superfine wet-dry sandpaper to make re-sheathing a little smoother.

I am happy overall with these sheaths. If you are interested in something similar, you can learn more here:

http://www.buybrownind.com/

Phil

Nice post Phil. I like his work as well. He's the one that made my double carry rig for the Camp/EDK combo. I really like those taco sheaths. I had been debating on getting one for a summer trip and now I will for sure. I've also thought about buying the stuff to make them myself. Looks kind of fun...

Back