Osprey K/T User Pictures

Awesome dinner tonight, free range chicken breast covered in chopped olives, sun dried tomatoes & feta cheese with a side of penne pasta and broccolini ala Raptor:

DSC01053_zpsfcsstjcy.jpg~original

Last edited:
Prom52, that salad looks like it would be a good side to the beef tenderloin that is shown in the JK forum. I must be hungry today.....as usual. But it looks so much better than the junk food or same old stuff I buy for lunch.

Awesome dinner tonight, free range chicken breast covered in chopped olives, sun dried tomatoes & feta cheese with a side of penne pasta and broccolini ala Raptor:

DSC01053_zpsfcsstjcy.jpg

That chicken isn't free anymore!

It's a late night for me, but I've got a couple trusty friends to keep me company.

ONOIBK0.jpg

This Trail Hand is hitting a lot of marks for me in terms of weight, handle to blade ratio, out-of-box edge sharpness, symmetry of scales, flow of the tapered tang, and knock your socks off spalted maple burl!

Last edited:

DSC01053_zpsfcsstjcy.jpg

That is a delicious looking dinner Peter. It is made even nicer by the fine choice of cutlery. I won't ask what Snow Monkey served for dessert...:D

It's a late night for me, but I've got a couple trusty friends to keep me company.

ONOIBK0.jpg

This Trail Hand is hitting a lot of marks for me in terms of weight, handle to blade ratio, out-of-box edge sharpness, symmetry of scales, flow of the tapered tang, and knock your socks off spalted maple burl!

Very nice Jarrett! That is some fancy lumber you got there. Trail Hands Rock!!

Phil

4 hours new to me, and I'm turning the w2 crazy colors in the kitchen! I can't wait to try this out on the trail --IMO, the Fieldhand is pretty much a perfect knife!

FullSizeRender_zpsmifzaqrp.jpg

Last edited:
Dirty, dirty hog.

g1515t7.jpg

That is a very dirty Hog! Hogs like getting muddy! I am sure it will clean up good as new!
Thanks for sharing ryan!

DSC01053_zpsfcsstjcy.jpg

Peter you're making me Hungry! Did Snowmonkey (Susan) cook that?
The Raptor looks really nice and at home next to the delicious looking meal you have there!
Thank you for posting this.

ONOIBK0.jpg

Jarrett,
That spalted maple is something to behold, very exquisite specimen, thank you for your compliments on my execution! Definitely one to hold on too!
Thank your for sharing with us!

4 hours new to me, and I'm turning the w2 crazy colors in the kitchen! I can't wait to try this out on the trail --IMO, the Fieldhand is pretty much a perfect knife!

FullSizeRender_zpsmifzaqrp.jpg

Ah you have one of the very few W2 blade I have made, and I believe only one or two Trailhands with Hamon! I really ham partial to this steel for a lot of reasons. I saw you post of my Ask the maker a question thread, I want to compile some notes so I can quote specifics and provide accurate information in regards to comparisons. I should have a reply for you the beginning of the week.
Thank you for sharing your pictures with us!

Apologies for not responding sooner Phil, you know how much I like seeing you posts and pictures!
That K2 Raptor is sexy!!! That is one I definitely would not have mind keeping, amazing photos as usual! Thank you for sharing!

I've already posted this on IG but wanted to share my K2 KOA Raptor being used on an onion!! My tears were not from the onion but from the joy of having this beautiful knife from Chris!! :D (did I mention this thing is sharp as H*ll)!
hh0pHtY.jpg

140N1pY.jpg
You really ARE a Choppa Man!! :D

Welcome to the "pointy and sharp as hell" club! Keep some band-aids next to the chopping block ;)

Definitely lacking good food presentation but that's how it goes sometimes. This was chicken salad from scratch with my unnamed OK&T and my Nomad. This requires some fine and consistent cuts which is easy work for this pair. What IMG_3150.JPG a luxury to have both to use for food prep. And of course it's almost always Yerba Maté time!

19C4C412-F32C-4EA3-9C64-8B30EF9FEE17.jpeg Pre-massacre

This little Nomad is an awesome little paring knife, nothing short of epic. There’s a couple tweaks I’d like to see for me personally, but still an awesome little blade.

It’s my first OKT. Now I just have to be patient for Chris to finish up my K2 Raptor! I’ll be unstoppable in the kitchen :D

Back