Osprey Knife & Tool Behind the Scenes & Preview Thread.

This is dedicated to posting pictures and sharing work in progress and behind the scene photographs.

Comments and questions are welcome, this is not a sales thread and what is posted may or may not become available to purchase. The photos will contain custom work, work slated for website sales and/or authorized dealers, and experimental behind the scenes work.

Legal Disclaimer! All photographs posted are the property of Osprey Knife & Tool LLC and are subject to Trademark, Intellectual Property, and Copyright laws. Any use outside the Forum in which the picture was posted for use other than for the purpose of discussion
or sharing for ones own personal pleasure is strictly prohibited unless permission is otherwise obtained.

Last edited:
With BladeShow clear in the rear view all the knives sold, and a few weeks of R&R under my belt it was time to re-supply.

The thread what would you like to see next from me had influence on this current order, I focused on thinner steels, and for handle material nothing but Micartas and G10's I did happen to come across a good deal on some nice Koa and Tasmanian Blackwood those should be in later this week.

Pictured here we have about 28 bars of steel, in CPM154 - 15 bars of 3/32'', 6 bars of 1/16", 4 bars of 1/8", 2 bars 5/32 and one small bar of 3/32 Elmax I am going to play with!

Handle materials are G10's and Micarta in a variety of colors and ranging in thickness from small liners to 3/8" thick

Here is a few knives I will be finishing up this weekend for next week's sales thread, I started on these before Blade Show but these got left behind due to time constraints. I glued the up this last weekend and shaped the handles earlier this week.

Group Shot.

Little Ferox in O1 Tool Steel first one made!

A couple of unnamed prototypes in 1/16'' CPM154

Two Tusk's in CPM154 one with Natural Micarta and the other with Jade over Blue

I will be breaking into the supplies I just received this week as well and planning out my next few batches of knives, stay tuned for more.....

Those two unnamed look kitchen ready Chris..That Lil Ferox though! Looking forward to the weeks ahead!

I'll be looking for something blue in the future so something in that set of materials ought to fit the bill. :)

I like the 2 new unnamed models also - mostly the one with the longer blade. Cool stuff.

Should be interesting working with the Elmax too.

Those two unnamed look kitchen ready Chris..That Lil Ferox though! Looking forward to the weeks ahead!

I figured these two new ones would peak your interest Douglas! The little Ferox is pretty neat, it's a hand full of attitude! The smaller size makes it a little bit easier to carry and wield.

I look forward to you coming along for the ride, I have big plans in store over the next few months! :)

Love that Jade over Blue Tusk!

Glad to see I caught you attention with that one Phillip, was no surprise though. ;)

I'll be looking for something blue in the future so something in that set of materials ought to fit the bill. :)

I like the 2 new unnamed models also - mostly the one with the longer blade. Cool stuff.

Should be interesting working with the Elmax too.

Thanks Jerry! I made 2 of these before Blade Show, these two I started on but they never got handles on them, they are pretty slicey!
I have a few sheets of Jade plan to see more! I also have a good bit of Royal Blue as well.

I am looking forward to trying the Elmax, it is low on the priority list, but I have it so if the situation arises it is handy!

Who would have guessed? :D

It's good to some of us know each other's preferences, goes to show the connections people make here on Blade Fourms. :D:thumbsup:

Those are some sweet looking blades you've got there! I can't wait to see them finished.
What are the specs on the Lil Ferox?

Those are some sweet looking blades you've got there! I can't wait to see them finished.
What are the specs on the Lil Ferox?

Here on the Specs on the Lil, Ferox, got a little distracted for the 4th.

3/16" (.183") 01 Tool steel Tapered Tang, Balancing right at the Guard. Weighing 8.32oz
OAL 10" Blade 5 1/2"

Here is what I am currently working on.
There are 66 blanks in all here all CPM154, There are some variations and one off sprinkled in too. Most of the regular profiles are stacks of multiples with the variations and one offs being individuals or pairs.

At this point I have them scribe for the pin layout and next will be drilling hole for the pins and lightening holes.

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Back