Osprey Knife & Tool in the pocket

Tim the Wizard

Street Samurai
Gold Member
Do you have an Osprey Knife & Tool piece in your EDC rotation? If so, let's see it here.

This one is a right-handed Kiridashi, shown here with a KSF Allegheny.

I pair it up with a FourSevens Quark Tactical QT2L-X, equipped with a single circuit-protected AW branded 17670 battery with 1600 mAh at 4.2 volts.

The 'dashi is just an incredibly useful utility blade that is ultralight and conceals easily. It is also a design that is rich in history and executed quite well here by Chris.

sjrLFJB.jpg

0rgDFdF.jpg

What's in your pocket?

Last edited:
IMG_2500.JPG IMG_2497.JPG
Yes Sir this one is in my rotation. I really like this KSF Sheath! Thanks for the heads up on that!

Last edited:
I like the pocket set up, is the kiradashi a chisel bevel? If so, how easy is it to sharpen?

I like the pocket set up, is the kiradashi a chisel bevel? If so, how easy is it to sharpen?

It does qualify as a chisel grind. Keeping in mind this is CPM 154, so far even after some wood carving several times, and some kitchen prep work, I've only stropped it once. Easy enough.
Not that I can't sharpen my knives, and do a "good" job. I send ALL my users to Panthera tigris. He's better than "good", and more than fair!

They aren't chisel ground like a plane chisel, which typically would be a single angle flat-ground edge on one side. They are chisel ground in the sense that they can be left or right oriented and they are sharpened on a single side. These are one-sided knives with a convex primary bevel.

The best way to sharpen it would probably be with sandpaper or strops. But, if you damage the edge you could take it to a stone and repair it by adding a secondary bevel.

Do you have an Osprey Knife & Tool piece in your EDC rotation? If so, let's see it here.

This one is a right-handed Kiridashi, shown here with a KSF Allegheny.

I pair it up with a FourSevens Quark Tactical QT2L-X, equipped with a single circuit-protected AW branded 17670 battery with 1600 mAh at 4.2 volts.

The 'dashi is just an incredibly useful utility blade that is ultralight and conceals easily. It is also a design that is rich in history and executed quite well here by Chris.

sjrLFJB.jpg

0rgDFdF.jpg

What's in your pocket?

This is a great thread Jarrett! I have a couple of the 4sevens flashlights I have had for years and they have alway worked well for me. I like the pocket sheath you carry, I'm going to have to look into one of those for myself. Thanks for posting up these pictures and starting the thread!

Back