OT: Survivor Sidekicks (photos)

A little off topic but I noticed a trend throughout a few other threads and thought it might deserve its own. We all come from different places, but are brought together by common interests; The outdoors, great knives, American made pride, and...apparently our furry sidekicks.

This is Lando, he is a 2 yr old mutt and loves our outdoor adventures. He is a bit goofy sometimes, but a great dog. Please post up whatever sidekick you want (doesn't need to be a pooch) just who or whatever you like to share your Survive Knives adventures with!

Cheers:
First is @ a couple months old, second was today (2 yrs old)

Good thinking, redwood. Always with the good ideas!

Here's a few more pics of Roxie, our golden retriever.

The day we got her

Before kids we did more traveling and adventuring together. Hopefully we'll be back in places like this soon.
This is on a trip to Upper Michigan.

This is what she ends up doing on a lot of our daily walks

Representing the home team!

A little off topic but I noticed a trend throughout a few other threads and thought it might deserve its own. We all come from different places, but are brought together by common interests; The outdoors, great knives, American made pride, and...apparently our furry sidekicks.

This is Lando, he is a 2 yr old mutt and loves our outdoor adventures. He is a bit goofy sometimes, but a great dog. Please post up whatever sidekick you want (doesn't need to be a pooch) just who or whatever you like to share your Survive Knives adventures with!

Cheers:
First is @ a couple months old, second was today (2 yrs old)

The goofy ones are the best! He almost looks like the Labradoodle that my cousin has. Talk about a great hunting dog!

Good thinking, redwood. Always with the good ideas!

Here's a few more pics of Roxie, our golden retriever.

The day we got her

Before kids we did more traveling and adventuring together. Hopefully we'll be back in places like this soon.
This is on a trip to Upper Michigan.

This is what she ends up doing on a lot of our daily walks

Representing the home team!

How many times has she tripped you up with a stick?!!
I'll let the PAC blanket slide this time! My friend Kelly is from Wausau and I give her crap all the time but you all are diehard fans!

Great idea Redwood! Here are some more of my knucklehead.

The day I got her (7yrs or so).
99c9bb9bf9cbea743f5fc226ee45bd9d.jpg

Now she's the road dog all the time.

a4722fdf19ec12461934c9636e4d02c0.jpg

5f25756c3386669ba8aa4f001680b7fa.jpg

c6755e042434b39adb0b52be39dbdafa.jpg

189b71691b9d2cd75ff202aaf6e63319.jpg

c2cd586c79a4d5b559d71e225fecbc6c.jpg

Redwood, Standard, it looks like you both have some great dogs. Love seeing the pictures of your "kids" :)

Roxie is always a full leash ahead of me when she's trying to get a stick home. Gracie has a lot of space in the truck, glad she likes going for rides.

Great thread Redwood. Here's some sidekick pics of a four-legged friend that's gone now. Her name was 'Red' as she was the only pup of the litter whose head turned a bit red as she grew up, the others stayed black. She's the pup with her nose to seven-o-clock :)

s7DXG4V.jpg

On the strikebox

vWbGNGJ.jpg

And treed on an old swampy bear. A lot of great days spent in the out-of-doors together. :) :)

nRXXnrL.jpg

And last, a shot of her making sure I don't get off the mountain too fast, ha. She's the dog on the left.

N457Red.jpg

Great thread Redwood. Here's some sidekick pics of a four-legged friend that's gone now. Her name was 'Red' as she was the only pup of the litter whose head turned a bit red as she grew up, the others stayed black. She's the pup with her nose to seven-o-clock :)

s7DXG4V.jpg

On the strikebox

vWbGNGJ.jpg

And treed on an old swampy bear. A lot of great days spent in the out-of-doors together. :) :)

nRXXnrL.jpg

And last, a shot of her making sure I don't get off the mountain too fast, ha. She's the dog on the left.

N457Red.jpg

She was a great looking dog and I'm sorry to hear she passed on. She looks like she was a really observant dog.

We went to meet Lucas today. He will likely be here within a week. He is about 8.5 months old, and is a handsome fellow.

She was a great looking dog and I'm sorry to hear she passed on. She looks like she was a really observant dog.

Thanks man. I'm sorry she's gone, too. I swear that dog knew what I was thinking. She was probably best described as 'intense' lol.

So is that your service truck bud? And the dog gets to ride along? Awesome.

We went to meet Lucas today. He will likely be here within a week. He is about 8.5 months old, and is a handsome fellow.

Great news!!!

Hard Knocks, it looks like you really had some good adventures and made some great memories with that pup. In a perfect world, dogs would live as long as humans.

Thanks man. I'm sorry she's gone, too. I swear that dog knew what I was thinking. She was probably best described as 'intense' lol.

So is that your service truck bud? And the dog gets to ride along? Awesome.

I'm dog sitting a Border Collie/Queensland Healer mix that fits that same profile! She knows exactly what's going on at every single moment!

The dually was was a great truck but I ended up selling it because it only got 8mpg on average and it was killing me. I'm driving a Dodge Sprinter van now and it's working out great. It's a 3/4 ton and I get right around 25mpg with its turbo diesel! It's the ugliest Mercedes ever made.

Hard Knocks, it looks like you really had some good adventures and made some great memories with that pup. In a perfect world, dogs would live as long as humans.

They pass too quickly, no doubt. Your pooch would be handy to have out here for finding walking sticks in the hills :)

I'm dog sitting a Border Collie/Queensland Healer mix that fits that same profile! She knows exactly what's going on at every single moment!

The dually was was a great truck but I ended up selling it because it only got 8mpg on average and it was killing me. I'm driving a Dodge Sprinter van now and it's working out great. It's a 3/4 ton and I get right around 25mpg with its turbo diesel! It's the ugliest Mercedes ever made.

The healers always seem so smart. I'd like to try one someday as a companion dog.

They pass too quickly, no doubt. Your pooch would be handy to have out here for finding walking sticks in the hills :)
Hahahaha, that is a great point :D

Both of Roxie's parents were hunting dogs, so I'm sure if I wasn't so domesticated myself, she'd really have a good time wrangling wild fowl.

The wife is really having a tough time emotionally with adopting Lucas. She and Lucy (avitar) were really very close. Lucy was a gladiator, very alert, and would attack any threat. There were only certain dogs that she would accept, and all other would be shown in no uncertain terms where they stood. Lucy would give her life protecting my wife, and my wife would react in kind to protect Lucy.

This time around, we cannot get a dog like that. We have two small grandchildren that we see at least once a month. Lucy loved people, but would always be a worry with small children who might fall on her, etc. Lucas looks like he has the right personality and energy to do well around small children, and he was fostered for a time with a family with small children. We are really very excited to get Lucas, but it really has been an emotional roller coaster.

My dad has had a dog for almost 17 years now. Tri-pod. He was born three legged, runt of the pack. He was the only one my dad was contemplating getting rid of for mercys sake. He my sister and I talked him our of it and convinced him to keep him. Dad said hes been one if his best dogs. He still to this day rides the four wheeler with him and watches the farm. They fish, and walk the property. We know age is inevitably going to take or friend pod, but knowing he's had a great life makes it all the more easy.

Sorry to hear bout your lose MVM. Time helps but never replaces. Memories are a blessing.

The goofy ones are the best! He almost looks like the Labradoodle that my cousin has. Talk about a great hunting dog!

I think he's too easily distracted to ever make it as a hunting dog, he's aussie shepard poodle mix and is extremely alert, makes a great watch dog. Only 37 lbs but barks like a german shepard.

I am really glad everyone enjoyed the topic and shared their stories about both current and passed friends. They really are parts of the family. For those who have lost, my condolences they truly live fuller lives than we do and leave their impact just as deeply.

We got the call from the rescue organization last night, and Lucas is ours! They have to work out logistics with getting him from the foster family, but he might be with us as soon as today. We are very excited to have a new best friend coming to our family.

Back