OT: Survivor Sidekicks (photos)

Can we file this one under my-life-is-so-darn-hard category? :D

6SHHRIM.jpg

Hey Grog, just had an idea! My Shepherd and your Dachshund in the doggie version remake of the original Twins with Arnie and Danny DeVito! What says you?!

BTW, for those interested the above photo was taken in Del Mar Cali where is famous for the Del Mar horse races among other things, where this motto comes from:

Del Mar: where the surf hits the turf. Literally!

If I hadn't gotten away from this chunk of the world I'd have a hard time reconciling the middle of the country to pics like that. The happy as hell GSD just adds to it.

Gypsy could do Danny Devito's part but I couldn't countenance her with his voice. The attitude? Yes.

I'm a bad doggy daddy for not talking about this fella as much as Gypsy. I got Loki two and a half years ago from a shelter. He's a nutless gentleman Catahoula.

He is super sweet unless there is an open door then he's through it and running like hell. He can also Houdini out of everything but a held choke collar which sucked on some fishing trips last year. That being said, Loki is as sweet and well behaved otherwise as you could ask for.

He has grand mal seizures about every 2 months or so which is the only reason I could see him ending up in a shelter but I work with people who have them daily so it's no big deal to me.

3ba11d3f2e5b871217272126184185ee.jpg

No seizure there, just a good stretch.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My faithful friend.

As a pup...
23791238783_d121d04133_c.jpg

Loves the mud and water, naturally...
24562334322_bc47ce9e7e_c.jpg

Been a great companion...
24312435549_5488e72a48_c.jpg

Like me, he's getting a little bit older, a little bit slower, and a little bit grayer around the face...
23893128691_793292f2d2_c.jpg

My faithful friend, doing his duty when we had a coyote problem a couple years back...
26739200116_9cf078c9a5_c.jpg

Got a miniature longhaired dachshund as well, they're inseparable (same with my son)...
32241557270_fc9b8e5308_c.jpg

Great pictures, wow! I have a golden as well. She's the only dog I've ever had and she's pretty awesome.

Watch out for those dachshunds, they will steal your soul!

Great pictures, wow! I have a golden as well. She's the only dog I've ever had and she's pretty awesome.

Thanks! Yeah, golden's are awesome dogs, but the hair, THE shedding... OH THE SHEDDING!!! Our next will be a Goldendoodle which are suppose to have the golden's temperament but no shedding.

Watch out for those dachshunds, they will steal your soul!

Yeah, they're pretty cool, for little dogs. :D This one has been really good with both our young kids, but he learned from the golden. Hardly ever barks, just when wanting to warn us, but stops on command. He's ok by me. If you ask my wife, we'll always have a dachshund in the house.

Little dogs are stupid yappy jerks. Unless they aren't. Gypsy had a penchant for yapping as a pup but we had that straightened out by 10 weeks old. If she starts barking now I'm meeting someone at my door before they get a chance to knock.

Dachshunds are horribly independent but when and if you're lucky enough to bribe one into bonding with you they're pretty much your soulmate afterwards.

Thanks! Yeah, golden's are awesome dogs, but the hair, THE shedding... OH THE SHEDDING!!! Our next will be a Goldendoodle which are suppose to have the golden's temperament but no shedding.
That is the truth! When I get dressed for work I try to make my way out of the house without coming in contact with ANYTHING. Despite my best efforts most of my ensembles aren't complete without a little golden fur.

Roxie is trying to hold on to the last bit of snow. If the prediction for rain for tomorrow is correct, she won't be too happy.

My faithful friend.

As a pup...
23791238783_d121d04133_c.jpg

Loves the mud and water, naturally...
24562334322_bc47ce9e7e_c.jpg

Been a great companion...
24312435549_5488e72a48_c.jpg

Like me, he's getting a little bit older, a little bit slower, and a little bit grayer around the face...
23893128691_793292f2d2_c.jpg

My faithful friend, doing his duty when we had a coyote problem a couple years back...
26739200116_9cf078c9a5_c.jpg

Got a miniature longhaired dachshund as well, they're inseparable (same with my son)...
32241557270_fc9b8e5308_c.jpg

Spectacular pictures and good looking little boy too!!!

The rain has been great for Kimber.
48ec87ee31f6351287964ce206b9d328.jpg

I took her to the canal today and she got to see cows and horses finally. Good thing they were corralled because she went batshit crazy and tried attacking them.

^^^ Hahaha! Another aspiring soccer player... Here's on from a couple of years ago when Livvie was around 3 YO but she's a bit more lethal with balls because of those "fangs" of hers ;)

eVRXEMm.jpg

Haha yeah she loves them! I'm glad she's small so she can't ruin these quickly.

Back