Our "Front Porch" ....

Here you go, The Burgh.

IMG_20150310_044938_zpstljkbnwy.jpg

IMG_20150310_051020_zpses9lnm3x.jpg

IMG_20150310_045410_zps4zc3goo0.jpg

IMG_20150310_051319_zpsdcchybod.jpg

IMG_20150310_051642_zps2u0qgzaz.jpg

Hope this helps! :thumbup: :)

(P.S.) I have other ideas and "simpler" designs. Even though these are simple :).

Yours is very nice too, Rubi.....:rolleyes:

Actually, your knots are pretty cool.....:D

I like looking at them....and I appreciate them on other knives.....they do look good....I just don't like them on my own.....

I even tried making one once......and learned that I should stick to appreciating the lanyards others make.....:D

IF I wasn't "Dropsie Challenged" I probably wouldn't bother. I don't have one on my flashlight and it shows..... Same with my cell phone (no lanyard) but the dreaded "Case" (Yuck). Ya buy this really nice looking phone and then hide it away inside this hideous case, screen protector monstrosity that then makes you wonder why fit, finish and slender design even mattered during he selection process.... ALL because of the inevitable Drop! Ugghhh I wonder if CaveMen worried about such things?

" Hey BogBrain I dropped my Club today and put a Big "Ding" in the handle, pretty bummed dude....."

"Know whatcha mean FurrDawg, Chipped my broken rock knife last week same thing.... whats a CaveMan to do? Lifes a Hmmmm somethin"

IF I wasn't "Dropsie Challenged" I probably wouldn't bother. I don't have one on my flashlight and it shows..... Same with my cell phone (no lanyard) but the dreaded "Case" (Yuck). Ya buy this really nice looking phone and then hide it away inside this hideous case, screen protector monstrosity that then makes you wonder why fit, finish and slender design even mattered during he selection process.... ALL because of the inevitable Drop! Ugghhh I wonder if CaveMen worried about such things?

" Hey BogBrain I dropped my Club today and put a Big "Ding" in the handle, pretty bummed dude....."

"Know whatcha mean FurrDawg, Chipped my broken rock knife last week same thing.... whats a CaveMan to do? Lifes a Hmmmm somethin"

Most folks comment when they see me pull out my unprotected phone. It's why I have insurance and am usually on at least my second smart phone of that model at any given time. But you let them hold it and compare it to their otter boxed / similar cased phone and it's night/day.

As for lanyards...mine aren't inteded to be pretty, just useful. From plucking the tool from my pocket in gloved hands to adding a touch longer grip on shorter handled/bodied items. I try to go low snag...and keep the looped area(s) from coming over the butt-end of my folding knives so they don't get in the way.

GuestWho101 your lanyards look awesome and adding the rubber to the ends is brilliant. I have never seen that done before.

Dear GuessWho101,

First, thanks for the pics. They are exactly what I've been searching for. I'm headed to a hobby shop tomorrow.

Second, I like your name. Canadian band, weren't they? Now I'll be humming "No Time Left For You" the remainder of the day.

Third, your lanyards are just perfect. Not too long. Elegant knots. Just enough "bling" beads, and no skulls, dragons or spyders.

Fourth, the knives.........................Well, now we're getting into my envy and covetousness!

GuestWho101 your lanyards look awesome and adding the rubber to the ends is brilliant. I have never seen that done before.

Thanks LilBayDeNoc!

Dear GuessWho101,

First, thanks for the pics. They are exactly what I've been searching for. I'm headed to a hobby shop tomorrow.

Second, I like your name. Canadian band, weren't they? Now I'll be humming "No Time Left For You" the remainder of the day.

Third, your lanyards are just perfect. Not too long. Elegant knots. Just enough "bling" beads, and no skulls, dragons or spyders.

Fourth, the knives.........................Well, now we're getting into my envy and covetousness!

1) No problem, Burgh. :)

2) Research shows that indeed they were. :thumbup:

3) Great analysis! It's seems we "both" have good taste. ;)

4) These old things....... :rolleyes:

Since this is a porch, and the subject of lanyards has come up...

Any of you neighbors found a source for nice, dressy lanyards that don't look like tactical, biker, death-impending, skateboard, requiem paraphanelia?

In my own compulsive way, I have now overinvested time on eBay and online knife shops looking for lanyards to complement my nice, gentlemenly knives.

Here's what I do on most of my carry XM's...

NastyXM_zps81a8a653.jpg

Going to a Gun Show this Saturday.

This will be my first since re-acquiring "the knife thing," that small, almost undetectable portion of my brain which, at first glance, appears to be a masterful incision made with a freshly touched-up Siska blade, but physically manifests itself in an unrepenting torrent of anal retentive, compulsive, Type A behavior.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, coulda' just wrote "bladeaholic" or "bringing a knife to a gun show."

Any of you neighbors found a source for nice, dressy lanyards that don't look like tactical, biker, death-impending, skateboard, requiem paraphanelia?

Hmm, probably not what you are looking for...

malt.jpg

Better?

caseXM.jpg

i like elementcase for smartphone cases... - might get an iphone 6 and the new ronin in titanium / g10 / perforated leather... awesome...

give me anything cnc machined and i like it...

Here's to hoping the Burgh makes it to the show and N2K gets Some schedule mojo.

Last edited:
Back