Out in open water

Wow I never realized how many haters there are until I started a thread out in general knife discussion. Never again it was like a feeding frenzy , for now I will stay close to shore

Just reading through it now. Did you expect anything less when the title is; What does the BF community think of Survive?

The knife industry and choice of knives is large yet I gather peoples thoughts and views here on BF can be similar within this community. People talk and post their experiences. I have had great and timely service from S!K. Others might say I 'fluked' my past purchases. In saying that I have cancelled and am awaiting a refund on the pre-order 6. After a year and a move to new lands very soon I didn't want to wait any longer. A shame really yet the '6' position is now filled. . .

Last edited:
I'd chalk it up to a rookie mistake, sfrigon. I didn't read through your whole thread yet, but looking at the first 2 pages, you sure did find out what people think! There are older threads floating around you could read as well. You can also check out whine and cheese where they continue the discussion.
Good times!

I did learn that we are Zealot Fanboys. As soon as I saw your post I new that joker was gonna be full of negative comments. You started the thread so you have the authority to close it.

Last edited:
Yeah wow that thread got messier than I expected. Its a much friendly place here, wise move to stick close haha

I did learn that we are Zealot Fanboys. As soon as I saw your post I new that joker was gonna be full of negative comments. You started the thread so you have the authority to close it.

Only gold members and higher can close threads.

I think it's more of an internet thing, that your specific thread. I understand people having bad experiences and sharing them, that's a part of every type of retail in general. Flat out lies and extrapolation from ones bad experience to a point of dishonesty, make believe or malice towards a retailer that won't run their business like one wants is quite another. Find me a maker/retailer that doesn't have issues and I'll show you a maker/retailer with their head in the sand, may be minor, but no-one is perfect (remember Audi back in the 80's?). Conversation is helpful, slander and malice towards anyone with a good experience when one had a bad one is not helpful. Multiply that by the fact most people would write things on the internet they would never convey in person and that's why opinion based threads go south quickly.

I like my Survive knives, but I buy them in the wheelhouse (2nds/UB) that keeps me from having a bad experience. This is the same way I buy from anyone on BF, maker, dealer, or individual. Research good and bad experiences from customers, try out the parameters that would give me a good experience, if that works repeat as necessary, if it doesn't move on. This is why I don't trade knives, pay F&F, invest in knives, etc, too many chances to be miserable over what is essentially my silly hobby into sharp things that I find pretty.

Yea sfrigon im pretty sure the guy has a belief that "his opinion is the only one that matters and it is the basic concept on which all threads will follow." Since 90 percent of that thread was only responded in by him or the handful of kronies that defend his honor and virtue. I hung it up because of my brand blindness and bias. But these guys in the Survive forum are very helpful and Silver is solid gold:).

I mean you even offered to give him a knife to kind of bury the hatchet and maybe make a friend from an enemy. Thats pretty rough having it spit back in your face.

I consider that being blinded by your own hate. Oh well you tried. But on another topic i cant wait to get a delta3v 4.1 ive seen trfrommt and a few others say how awesome it is. I didnt think it would interest me but im becoming more intrigued ever time someone mentions one. Is it your favorite blade if you were to edc a Survive! knife

Some dude just called me a pathetic troll wtf
Yea sfrigon im pretty sure the guy has a belief that "his opinion is the only one that matters and it is the basic concept on which all threads will follow." Since 90 percent of that thread was only responded in by him or the handful of kronies that defend his honor and virtue. I hung it up because of my brand blindness and bias. But these guys in the Survive forum are very helpful and Silver is solid gold:).

I mean you even offered to give him a knife to kind of bury the hatchet and maybe make a friend from an enemy. Thats pretty rough having it spit back in your face.

I consider that being blinded by your own hate. Oh well you tried. But on another topic i cant wait to get a delta3v 4.1 ive seen trfrommt and a few others say how awesome it is. I didnt think it would interest me but im becoming more intrigued ever time someone mentions one. Is it your favorite blade if you were to edc a Survive! knife
You seem to have all those guys figured out . Anyway I am totally in love with the 4.1 and comparing it to the 4.7 , which was my preferred edc, I like how the blade is a bit more versatile . The 4.7 is a little more blocky, and not close to as slicey . The egos are crazy nice , slightly less bulge in the center . And the delta is just the icing on the cake for me! All in all I would have to say it's the best edc that I own now. For the longest time it was my trc k1s but the 4.1 has surely taken its spot. Last but not least the peened finish has grown on me , I didn't like it at first but what an awesome finish , brilliant really . I now know from experience that it resists rust very well and creates zero drag when cutting which were my first two concerns with this finish

But these guys in the Survive forum are very helpful and Silver is solid gold:).
Haha nice! Thanks, man.

I appreciate what you were trying to do in GKD. We both know we won't change anyone's mind from what they already think. I'm guessing any further posts in that thread will just be baiting sfrigon.

Whether it is S!K or CPK, I haven't seen a single complaint about d3v. The new 4.1 is a model I'm really excited for!

Thanks guys im gonna get one next chance i get ( recovering from purchase of my awesome 4.7 and NASK preorder at the moment) and edc it for a month see how it goes i tried the CPK edc and the gso 2.7 but honestly they were too small for me. I felt like they werent as handy as a folding knife and they took up more room. But hopefully before bear season takes off agian ill have one.

S sfrigon1 I dunno I'd take the high road and change the thread title to something neutral. They're whole game is trying to get you to sink their level.

And seriously, just close the browser window to the other thread and forget all about it.

If you really want to continue, go find the Who's Melting Down thread in whine and cheese then you can fire away using any type of insult you can dream up... but I would NOT recommend this. That course just won't get you an infraction.

I appreciate what you were trying to do in GKD.

You appreciate that he's trolling GKD? Because that's exactly what he's "trying to do."

I appreciate you telling him to stop posting, but he's said he would stop over and over, but won't...because he like invoicing negative reactions. Trolling.

Not a great representative for the company you love.

You appreciate that he's trolling GKD? Because that's exactly what he's "trying to do."

I appreciate you telling him to stop posting, but he's said he would stop over and over, but won't...because he like invoicing negative reactions. Trolling.

Goose was trolling?

kind of like what you are doing right now .
Goose was trolling?
no one was trolling

Back