Owners! Post up your Backwoods and KFU knife photos.

BRL

Basic Member
I'll start. Sweeping Beauty, which gets its maiden voyage tomorrow.

IMG_20110617_172940.jpg

Good thread BRL! Ill post some of Bills knives that I have later when I get home from work. I have a couple firsts, the Bushfish and the Snatchet!

Actually, I think everything I have is a one and only... Jealous???????

BA, you got my back on this one???? (see my post in "Ugly Mugs" thread, self-explanatory).
God I miss the old days . . . . :D
Be safe.

BA, you got my back on this one???? (see my post in "Ugly Mugs" thread, self-explanatory).
God I miss the old days . . . . :D
Be safe.

HERE IS A SPEAR POINT FOR A HOMETOWN FELLA AND B.F. MEMBER
"JUST1MOR" THAT WANTED ME TO MAKE HIM ONE,IM NOT BIG ON SPEARS BUT ITS WHAT HE ORDERED,ITS STOCK REMOVED FROM 1 1/2 / 5/32" 1095 FROM ALDO, MEASURES 9 3/4 OVERALL WITH 4 3/4 BLADE, WELL HERE WE GO

STOCK REMOVED

spearpointproto004-1.jpg

spearpointproto009-1.jpg

NORMALIZED 4 TIMES

JUST001.jpg

ROUGH GROUND AT 50 GRIT TO REMOVE THE SCALE

JUST009.jpg

INTO THE QUENCH AND OUT

JUST030.jpg

INTO HEAT TREAT TO TEMPER FOR 2HRS,1 HR EACH TIME

JUST037.jpg

OUT OF HEAT TREAT AND GROUND UP TO A 800 GRIT FINNISH

JUST041.jpg

I FINNISHED THIS ONE UP,800 GRIT BELT FINNISH,THUMB NOTCHING,MOSAICS AND LANYARD,WITH TOOLED LEATHER SHEATH,THE SCALES ARE NATURAL FLAMING BOX ELDER BURL,WITH A HINT OF WHITE TIPS AND SOME SMALL BARK INCLUSIONS,BUT THATS WHAT MOTHER NATURE GAVE ME TO USE,TURNED OUT NICELY,ASWELL ITS RAZOR SHARP AS ALWAYS,ENJOY BILL
BESTS BILL
HERE YA GO!!

just1006.jpg

just1012.jpg

just1022.jpg

just1027.jpg

just1025.jpg

just1005.jpg

just1030.jpg

just1033.jpg

BA, thanks man. Wife concluded tonight we do need to move into the "digital age" sooner than later . . . . :)
Best Buy, here we come . . . .
Be safe.

Here are three of mine from Bill, they are a little dirtier now! J1M, you stole my scales!!!!!!!
BushFish
bushfish.jpg

BushBuster
bushbuster.jpg

Snatchet!
snatchet.jpg

Here are three of mine from Bill, they are a little dirtier now! J1M, you stole my scales!!!!!!!
bushfish.jpg

. . . . scales, handles, slabs, grips, . . . . how is a gun guy ever supposed to know which one of these freakin' terms is correct to use at what appropriate time when talking about a knife . . . .:confused: :eek: :grumpy: :mad:
Be safe.
p.s.: Ooops, sorry, nice looking knife Chris with the custom ____________ (fill in the blank from the above choices) on it . . . . . . :)

here are three of mine from bill, they are a little dirtier now! J1m, you stole my scales!!!!!!!
bushfish.jpg

. . . . Scales, handles, slabs, grips, . . . . How is a gun guy ever supposed to know which one of these freakin' terms is correct to use at what appropriate time when talking about a knife . . . .:confused: :eek: :grumpy: :mad:
Be safe.
P.s.: Ooops, sorry, nice looking knife chris with the custom _"bad ass knife"___________ (fill in the blank from the above choices) on it . . . . . . :)

i liked this one myself it was the only one i ever made all 3 chris showed were protos he has them all

2011-04-30_13-25-38_964.jpg

My "river knife" above my gf's. Made by a buddy of mine locally. I am inclined to tell you these are nowhere near his fanciest work. Though, as the title states, these are users.

BRL, great looking knife from BA. I finally got some shavings on mine last week, it took every bit of inner strength to take that first whack into the wood. I don't have or want any safe queens, but when I got that one, it almost became my first. BA said all of his are "users", so I will take him at his word . . . . :)
Good looking combo, hope you enjoy it.
Be safe.

J1M, I have nooooooooooo safe queens. The first thing I did with all of these is grab some seasoned oak and batoned it down enough to make a fire. Taught my wife and oldest son how to make fire with that BushFish! It will be one I pass down.

What are you using the bottom one for (Snatchet) ??? I have a few ideas, but what was your primary want for this???
Interesting style and shape to say the least. What are the dimensions & what type of steel did BA use (1095??) . .
Be safe.

That is my pack knife. It can really do anything, from shelter building to skinning. It came without a lanyard so I added one to it. I have chopped a decent sized limb, batoned down, and split the wood for fires. Its 5/32 1095. Im not sure on the length but I think its about 8". Does that sound right Bill? He wanted something small but powerful. I had my leather guy make a sheath that snaps at the top so I can lash it to my pack and it stays secure. Its really a great tool!

If he doesn't make more of them Im gonna steal the design and tweak it a little! Hear that Bill??? I really only bought it for the name...Snatchet!!!!

Sorry, didn't realize this was a brand exclusive thread. I'll remove my post when I figure out how. Great looking knives guys and major props for actually using them!

That is my pack knife. It can really do anything, from shelter building to skinning. It came without a lanyard so I added one to it. I have chopped a decent sized limb, batoned down, and split the wood for fires. Its 5/32 1095. Im not sure on the length but I think its about 8". Does that sound right Bill? He wanted something small but powerful. I had my leather guy make a sheath that snaps at the top so I can lash it to my pack and it stays secure. Its really a great tool!

Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I had the batoning & the chopping/fire prep, but then also thought it would make a good food prep tool if you needed it as well.
Not a bad idea KFU, not bad at all . . . . :thumbup:
Be safe.

That one was all Bills idea. I bought another knife and he sent the Snatchet with it. I honestly probably get more use out of it than any other knife I have owned.

You know one of those buddy deals! Lmao , ill tell you this its light weight and is razor sharp,i split kiln dryed oak with it and shaved my arm with it after words!

Back