Patriotic July knife challenge

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
OK, so July 4th is coming up and I thought it would be fitting for my primary blade to be American made for the entire month of July.
I decided to post my challenge a few days early , because I do a weekly carry and with the last challenge I entered it started mid week for me.

So the challenge is for you to edc an American made knife as you're primary blade for the entire month of July.
If you always pair your primary edc with a sak or something that doesn't really matter , just as long as your main blade is American made.
I'll start this off by posting a pic of my American made primary blade of choice on July 1st. I'll be sticking with one specific primary blade for the month, but it doesn't matter if you go with different American made blades throughout the month.

This would be too easy for me but it makes me want to figure out if I have 31 different US-made knives.

EDIT: Nope. Not even close, lol.

I'm in on this.
I am currently rotating my EDC (Every Day Combo) between a large 21 sebenza, a custom fixed blade (US Made, JK Knives), and a traditional. I don't forsee them changing in the next month or two.

Easy enough here (since you allow a SAK). I do this all the time already.

Plus the Swiss are just nice folks. Wonderful chocolate, excellent wristwatches, cleverly designed and affordable pocket knives, neutrality during wartime. What's not to like?

Never mind, it was an attempt at mild humor.

Last edited:
It's great that some of you have quite a few US made users to edc, but I've only got 13 which isn't as many as I'd like. Now those that aren't US made are made by Victorinox which would make my grandpa happy so I don't mind.
BTW I'm also going to see if I can find myself a new American made knife this July so I just may end up switching it up from just one primary after all.

Simple enough, my standard rotation just happens to be all American. Just ignore those griptilian scales, I think they're German. Might have to put that away for the month.

SAM_6654.jpg~original

Last edited:
... neutrality during wartime.
Ssssoooort of. ;)

Though, really, if you're going to do some sort of patriotic, All-American knife thing, you might as well actually do it and not make exceptions because you like SAKs. :)

I like Taiwanese Spydercos and they (the Nationalist Chinese) were actual U.S. allies in WW2. :) The Japanese were our enemies during the war but allies ever since. The Italians were both enemies and allies in the war!

You get my drift.

Ssssoooort of. ;)

Though, really, if you're going to do some sort of patriotic, All-American knife thing, you might as well actually do it and not make exceptions because you like SAKs. :)

I like Taiwanese Spydercos and they (the Nationalist Chinese) were actual U.S. allies in WW2. :) The Japanese were our enemies during the war but allies ever since. The Italians were both enemies and allies in the war!

You get my drift.
I don't much get into displays of patriotism one way or another. It just happens that most of the pocket knives I own and carry were made in my home country (USA) and Switzerland. Most of my kitchen knives were made in Japan, and I will happily cut up produce with them no matter what month it is. :D

Back