Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

This may be my own fav image to date (not my fav blade, however), for what it shows, what it doesn't show and for what it "isn't":

For what it shows - all that incidental color in the fuller;

for what it doesn't show - all that great Carothers-created damage to the edge that can't be seen in the image; and

for the model that it isn't quite yet.

large.jpg

Last edited:
I like the image Bob.

There is something raw about the way the Fluffer was finished that isn't quite what I've come to expect from CPK. I like that about it. The fuller for example.

One thing I'm not sure about is the engraving that it shares with the LC. I've never been a fan of using the same word to describe different things.

Antique micarta cut up from pieces, book matched and pieced together into a sheet, decked down on the vacuum fixture

3.jpg~original

The color comes from oxygen that seeped into the material over the years, darkening it. I like how it's uneven and streaky, it gives it some character and an uncanny resemblance to some dark woods.

It's a pain-in-the-ass but I genuinely enjoy this stuff.

I've always been a big fan of the edge cut in micarta but this dark brown streaky stuff is absolutely gorgeous. It would be my preference over the edge cut micarta, for certain. It really has great character.

^ that is the edge cut micarta. This chunk worked out to have some pretty interesting stuff inside.

"Figured Micarta" <---- is that a thing? :D

1_1.jpg~original

^ that's a big chunk of metal...

We're waiting on the 3V for the SK to arrive. A machine opens up tomorrow. I have a sheet of 1/4" 3V sitting around...

I've been wanting to do this one for a while. At 18", the blanks are literally the largest we're even capable of sawing here. This is gonna be the biggest knife we've made...

Back