Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

Nine fixed blades. Some large, some small...

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Nine images for a mixed set of folders and fixed.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

ONE final knife. This one is special.

Richard Tesarik, defines 'curvaceous'.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

That was a rich dinner. Push away fom the table.... ;)

Thanks for viewing.

Coop

A filler post just to tap the next set of images to the next page. :D

Here's a photo of an engineering slide rule I bought at a garage sale for $5....

orig.jpg

$5 bucks??!! There is a college tuition's worth of knowledge involved in figuring out what it does, and how to do it.

Next page: a barrage of images....

I remember this well, I used this all thru my high school years back in the sixties :)

HA!!! Good eye!

attachment.php

Coop

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2016-02-02-at-9.09.23-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2016-02-02-at-9.09.23-AM.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,151
Not only the images of blades are amazing, your tasteful choice of background really further enhance and bring out the key features of those knives. As a photographer myself, I can really appreciate your effort and artistic talent. The best of all, it is your willingness to share with all of us. Thank you very much, Coop. Please keep the wonderful images coming. I don't think I will ever tired of looking at your images.

Not only the images of blades are amazing, your tasteful choice of background really further enhance and bring out the key features of those knives. As a photographer myself, I can really appreciate your effort and artistic talent. The best of all, it is your willingness to share with all of us. Thank you very much, Coop. Please keep the wonderful images coming. I don't think I will ever tired of looking at your images.
Hey man, thank YOU! It's a pleasure to show these off, and I know that the viewers enjoy it.

For whatever reason, it's rare to get a knife photographer to man up and openly praise another's work. (Unlike the makers, who do it often.) Maybe because it's such a small competitive 'pond' the praise is held guardedly.

For that reason, I appreciate another photographer's words especially well. Knives or not. :)

Coop

Classics and new:

GENUINE older Loveless Big Bear in micarta.
orig.jpg

Ben Shostle is retired (deceased?) maker of renown in the early days. Here's the first opportunity I've ever had to capture his elegance.
orig.jpg

I have more than a few daggers by Willie Rigney.
orig.jpg

A current piece by Reingard Tschager. His folders are less available.
orig.jpg

And a down-to-earth little folder by Wayne Beck of NC, to bring us back to comfortable territory. :)
orig.jpg

Ricardo Romano is known for clean. In fact he's renowned for CLEAN. Here is why:
orig.jpg

Delivered to me by a client, he was so impressed with this.
orig.jpg

Darriel Caston has been a client and a friend since I met him at a Napa show in CA in 2007. Boy, has he got great ideas! This little 'folder' is an OTF unit. When this prototype comes available with a non-damascus blade, I will be one of the first to order. That little button locks it in two positions.
Find more of his stuff on his Facebook Page.
orig.jpg

^^^ (I tried to capture a sequence like a video would offer.)
Other views:

orig.jpg

Steven Ramos is a fairly new maker and is using learned skills with stone handles, polished stainless, great curvy lines and exemplary themed sheaths. One to watch!
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Here's a quick and quality addition to this thread from WAYYY up north:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Sean O'Hare hails from Grand Manan, New Brunswick, Canada. This one came to me before heading out west to a client.

Coop

Hi Jim!

As great as always, mate! The Reeves piece from a few posts up still has me in awe (as do most others here as well of course)!

Best,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I always appreciate witnessing your work, and I appreciate your kind comments as well.

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Jim

Jody Muller unceasingly creates sought-after folders.

orig.jpg

Never afraid to add in some drama!
orig.jpg

Speaking of GREAT carving, you have to study the work of Slovakia's Arpad Bojtos. Here's an Egyptian themed (King Tut?) ornate dagger.

orig.jpg

I had to study this long and decided there was NO WAY I cold show it's magnificence in one rectangle. It needed many views.

orig.jpg

Matt Parkinson (Dragon's Breath Forge) hails from up here in CT. He has spent the time driving to my shop often, and I am appreciative of his counsel when we work together. Here's a spectacular piece:
orig.jpg

99% of my knife images are on real backgrounds, but due to the size and complexity of the larger backgrounds, I have spent the extra time creating 'DIGITAL BACKGROUNDS' for my larger swords.

Once I do, the color possibilities are quick and endless!

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

More....

How about a SWEET little folder from Texas' Paul Lusk!

orig.jpg

Well made.

orig.jpg

And sometimes, you HAVE to fit it all into one image. There is a LOT to like about this spectacular piece by Dr. Kevin Colwell (aka The Professor!)
orig.jpg

Look at the quality in the presentation boxes.
orig.jpg

Ron Best is unparalleled in his curves and modern 'dress tactical' materials.
orig.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

That is one of the most true statements that's ever been made. My friends name is Tucker and I love him and he loves me. I thank my Lord, Jesus Christ everyday for him.
Rick Norris

Back