Pic Request: Antique Micarta, please, thank you!

PeteyTwoPointOne

Platinum Member
Found a couple of Betzner's pics...nothing much else, but my search-fu is not strong like bull :oops:...

I'll look at buffed or unbuffed, any model, any color, any cut/bias, etc.-- I'm not picky...but I'd REALLY like seeing some on a Lite Choppa :thumbsup:...TIA!

Here are couple more of the edgecut micarta pics, for further comparison:

large.jpg

large.jpg

And just to add as much perspective on the antique micartas as possible, the ones below are all Westinghouse micartas from the same drop, just in different stages of "oxygenation". I have, as requested, also added the fourth piece in the set, requested in the opener, an LC in Westinghouse:

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

When I marvel at the shiv design, it always makes me think of the edgecut antique micarta - because they are in the same league visually - simply stunning. I agree, TG.

Thank you Gents for posting these exquisite photos. I'm now eve more eager than any time prior, toward receiving my very first EAM handle scales adorning one of my pre-order NASK units.

Here! Here! I concur wholeheartedly!!!:)

The kinda coarse pattern kinda reminds me a little <just a little> of coffee bag canvas Micarta...

Thanks, and...

Post 'em if ya got 'em! :cool:

Trev, that set is totally sick man, and the light chopper in particular :thumbsup: :cool:

Thanks, man. I really lucked out on snagging that RLC. Usually I'm not the quickest on the friday sales but somehow ended up being the first to respond.

I really like the variation in color between the three and am curious where the yet-to-be-named survival knife that isn't a survival knife in antique will fit on the spectrum. :D

Yes Sir, I did. I was able to repay another generous forum user as well. Today was a good day.

Back